Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats been happening
Still working, but have been struggling a bit. Fell down some stairs (stop sniggering!) and pulled my back. Tried to get through it, but that brought my sciatica on. First time in about 18 months or more. Used painkillers and kept working, but haven't been able to train properly since that ^^ last run. Bloody nightmare! Im hoping it will be just about gone in a week or two as Im desperate to get back running.
On a positive note - I'm loving this good weather with a 4 day week. Its like being on holiday 3 days a week. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Old age doesn't come alone (snigger snigger} have you started forgetting things too? Seriously, sorry to hear that, hope you gws. Weather not so good from Weds 4/6, but will be cooler to run in. Now that we are allowed, I have been Trail riding with mates and road riding (moderns and small classics with Judy. Really good mental and physical therapy. Keep well, keep taking the tablets. Is that a grey hair? Hairdresser might give touch up tips?
Ha ha. Grey hair galore! Smile
Nearly over the sciatica now. I'm struggling to run, but need to run as that gets 'feeling' back into my right foot. (I couldn't feel it - constantly numb). Im hoping to be fit enough to start running proper in the nextt week or two. Its been hard work getting though the sciatica this time. I guess that is the age thing too!
Good to hear you are getting back to riding and enjoying life properly.

I think we are in for a bit of a rough ride family wise with Yaz/ BA, Aliya / Uni and Samee/ College. Everything up in the air at the moment and for the foreseeable future.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Kingy !! Bad leg, numb foot, grey hair, falling down stairs.......I can see a trend forming here that starts with getting old and clumsy Lol.
With any luck you will start to put weight on too and get hairy ears Hahahaha.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
B'stard!!!! Smile

Ha ha.
Still running - well limping as fast as I can - so keeping the weight off. Should hopefully be right 'ish' by next weekend.

No hairy ears, but a hairy face now I'm a beardy Wink
3 weeks ago, fall off Trail bike. tear left shoulder muscle. Pah! It's only pain
2 weeks ago, fall off Trail bike, hairline crack right wrist. Wrist support from A & E, no cast though.
Week off from Trail riding but get bit on my left calf by a young Staffie Bull Terrier. A & E again for Tetanus jab.
Fitted smaller wheels on Judy's Trail Yamaha Serow. 19f -16r instead of 21f-18r. She loves it being lower and getting her confidence back again. 3 hours on gentle Trails today, shoulder, wrist and leg ok so good end to shitty June at least.
So it does come in threes! Wink

Glad you are back on the bike with no lasting issues.

I had my first run (very very steady with Yaz) this morning where I've not had any pain afterwards, so am finally going to be able to step up training. About bloody time!
My latest news is that my Dad of 82years past away on Friday after having dementia for the past 5 years and then being diagnosed with leukemia about 6 weeks ago. He died at home where he was receiving palliative care.
Busy this week helping my mum with the funeral arrangements which is on Tuesday next week.
Sorry for your loss JJ. Condolences from Judy (BB) and I.
Thanks Ghost