Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats been happening
Well It's been a while so whats people been up too ?

For me I've had plenty on with work which is good but do still try and get as many days off as I can.
I've been doing a few more mods to the Beemer, lowered springs, wheel spacer, new front discs and race pads, new half a wiring loom which after having an engine service found to be all chewed up to bare wires in places and a mouse nest under rocker cover, at least it only cost me £550 Sad 

Had a great weekends ride doing the Kinder loop from Hope to Glossop which we stayed at over night (which Kingy failed to pop round to see us in the spoons) Sad  We then went from Glossop back to Hope. In total this was around 62 miles with 8000ft of climbing which some of it was very gnarly, even though we was on our Ebikes we still had to get off and push in places.

Also my daughter has now left the nest after buying a house together with her boyfriend so this has also kept me busy doing a few jobs in the house for her, oh and somehow is costing us money Tongue 

Well thats about it for me.

How about to guys ??
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
[Image: 112992550-giant-tumbleweed-on-the-highwa....jpg?ver=6]
Sorry mate. Somehow missed this.

1) Yes, guilty as charged and sorry for not meeting up. Felt awful.

2) Life going far too fast. 1000mph. I need to do something to slow it down. Drastic action on the horizon!

3) I still hate Facebook. Really, really hate it! And all social media. Cant be arsed with any of it.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
WORK - LIFE- BALANCE

BB and I have retired, Me late, her early because the government gave her an extra six years.

"Let us fulfil our bucket lists before I have to push you around in a wheelchair" says BB. So...

I have been to Vietnam on a Trail bike for 10 days. Feckin Brill.

BB and I have toured Morocco on our modern bikes for 10 days. Interesting , but def a one off.

Train trips to Switzerland, Glacier Express, Bernina Express and Jungfrau Joch. Feckin Brill

2019 TT 1st time for both of us after dozens of Manx GP,s. Weather shite, Racing (what little we got) great. Again a one off.

Going to MGP (IOM) in August / Sept and Isle of Wight long weekend Sept.

Much more planned. We are NOT well off but with careful planning & frugal living, well why not?
Sounds great mate. Really does. Life is far too short so you are spot on with what you are both doing.

I'm currently mulling over packing the job in and having a few months off to press the re-set button.

I've not stopped for 2 years. Lost Dad/ Closed Factory / Sold machinery / Started new job / Still dealing with Factory Sale etc. Haven't had time to breathe. Everything has fallen on me because my brother has refused to help with anything. Have missed lots with the kids and Yaz. Need to slow things down and start again.

So - Just trying to change my mind set from having to work (because I always have) to taking a break for a month or three. The company I work for are making it an easier decision by penny pinching to a ridiculous degree. 

Have a list of jobs to do (including finalising the sale of my factory building and clearing it out) that will keep me very busy. Also want to get back into daily training, go on a trip or two with Yaz.

I'm not young enough or rich enough to retire so it will be short term. I can pay myself a small part time wage for a while and long term consider starting a venture myself or getting another job.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Sounds like you need to get out of the job your doing now mate, it's not helping you and there is more to life than money. I'm sure you can find something less stressful and less hours,or even come up with something that allows you to work for yourself (as long as it doesn't involve a hammer) but then again working for yourself is bloody hard work also like you well know.

When and if you do ever get a couple of hours one weekend to chill out and chat then let me know and I can have a drive over to see you again.
Yes, have to agree.

I had a big plan at age 24 to be debt and mortgage free before hitting 50 which I achieved - so Yaz earns enough so I don't 'need' to work full time if I don't want to. The daft thing is - I just can't (so far) resign! I've never not worked so despite knowing I can and probably should take a break (couple of health issues starting to arise from extended time in the car) - I keep putting off actually resigning. I think I'm also looking at the bigger picture of the economy and how it could potentially tank in the next 6 months.

I'm overthinking it all and just need time (or a reason) to say ... Ahhh ... F*ck it!!

Will def have a get together in the not too distant. Have the lads 16th birthday this weekend and Yaz has just been called out to Islamabad so its down to me to sort Birthday meal out etc. (Obviously going to the pub as Yaz away!!)

Watch this space! Smile
Just do it Paul! Don't wait until you are ill. I had a very strong work ethic and worked on for two years after retirement age because Judy got 6 extra years from the government. I was doing a job I had enjoyed for over 20 years when a new company won the contract and started "penny pinching" I got so ratty it affected Judy and I. One day I texted Judy "I'm leaving today" She said "Do they know?" I said they will at the end of my shift. My boss said OMG, anything I can say? I said Yes, Cheerio!
Ten weeks later they went bust and I missed out on 23 years redundancy but I was now happy and couldn't give a toss. As I said earlier post with careful planning and living we do ok. we have about 6 bikes each, Classic, Modern, Small, Medium (we're both vertically challenged) Trail, Road, a pushbike each, 1 car, 1 van and our health. Have a long talk with Yaz and just do it, Rant over Goodnight.
Great advice. Thanks. Smile
I'm like you, no debts and I was mortgage free at 43 (I'm now 51) but I will still have to work until I'm 67, can't afford to pack in and my wife also works. I always have plenty of work on but things aren't getting any lighter and I'm feeling it these days. No doubt I will have to slow work down in the next 10 years and as long as we can still make enough to pay the bills then that will just have to do.
I'm trying to do as much stuff out of work now as I can just in case bad health takes over ( you never know whats around the corner )