Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats been happening
Ha ha. Like your style (and Judys). Well done on the exercise. A good mate of mine had a stroke (very lucky to be alive) and he is doing the couch to 5k with the intention of me helping him run 10k in September. He is 72 years old and I can only hope I'm as driven as him and as fit as he will be in a couple of months or so.

I'm liking your retired lifestyle. Sounds great. Smile

Oh, and just because, this is his and hers VW's Cool  ...

[Image: 49506085582_be451e4770_z.jpg]VW’s by Tony9411
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Finally got back in.

Issues with password changed and unable to reset.

Just looked through past few posts.

Glad to see you're enjoying work life again Kingy and running.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Cheers Yogi.
Yes, life is not too bad now. Guess you have to take a leap of faith for the better sometimes.

Running going really well. Coupled with the physical side of the job I'm trimming down nicely. Nearly at Fred Whitton weight now. Might even jump back on a push bike soon. Fair weather rider and all that Smile

Took over running the warehouse last Monday. Good first week.
Now trying to get hold of one of my old staff members to offer him a job. Great lad and would love to have him working for me again.
Have forced a number of changes in my first four months.
We now have a meeting every Monday (Owner & management) to discuss what is needed for the week.
Then quick staff meeting (mine) to let my guys know what we are doing.
Nobody is used to this level of communication but are loving the fact they are involved and throughput is up already as nobody is wandering about unsure of what they should be doing.

And I'm still x4 day week.

Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
All sounds good
Good work \ life balance
Getting fit
Four day week
Job satisfaction
I hate you sometimes Kingy Tongue Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Ha ha. Smile

Did give the job to my old employee (Ben). He is in his second week and doing well. Everybody has taken to him, so all good.

We are still working and will do unless the Govt intervene and stop us. Everybody happy to be here and we have (literally) 2-3 months of work if we don't receive or send any goods. If we are left to our own devices then I stand a great chance of having half the warehouse sorted which would be amazing. Amongst other items, we found some MOD boxes today with gun cleaning kits, Northern Irish Police uniforms and RAF flying suits - all worth good money - so a good and interesting day.

Yaz home now. Back from Singapore yesterday and off work for the timebeing as no flights happening. Kids home too, so just me working and its probably the best place for me! Lol.

Last day tomorrow and looking forward to my long weekend.

Hope you chaps are coping well with this virus malarkey. I guess Im one of the lucky ones as so far I'm carrying as normal.
Judy and I are both retired so no big differences other than not getting out on the motorbikes. I had been Trail riding quite a lot lately with a few mates and Judy & I road riding with other friends, all stopped now. Our Classic bike club has cancelled all pub meets, charity rides, Trials and Scrambles. We are both walking for exercise ( and a bit of cycling in my case). Jude is 2 stone lighter than a year ago and I am 1 1/2 stone lighter than 3 months ago. Both had a warning of pre-diabetes so hopefully behind me but can't get blood test (atm) to confirm,understandably. Judy is cracking on with the garden and I am doing house jobs, shelves etc and fettling the bikes in the workshop. So far so good. Take care, keep well.
Well done both of you on the weight loss. Very impressive. Glad you are keeping busy. 

We have (this week) been confirmed as key personnel. We support essential services (Fire & Rescue and Police) and so can stay open due to that. Which is good as my new employee (Ben) joined too late to be furloughed. 
Coincidentlally Yaz is the same (BA / Transport so key employee). Shame they have no work though! 

Yaz and the kids are going stir crazy approaching the end of week 2. I'm enjoying my 3 days off as we are still busy busy busy at work and thoroughly enjoying my runs Fri/Sat/Sun. 

The lads I used to have a drink with on a Friday did a Zoom meeting last Friday which was great fun. All drinking and talking rubbish - just as it should be.
Did my first (proper) fell run today. 6 month training building unto this and my calf tightens so I'm limping on Friday! Doh.
Had an easy run with Yaz on Saturday and the calf wasn't as painful.
Decided to ignore Yaz saying leave it another week and just took it steady. 10.5 miles, 2,050 feet of climbs and a couple of hours out. Loved it! No issues with the distance - my "engine" was fine so I'll do a few more runs to build up to a half marathon fell run with a fair bit more climbing in a few weeks. Very pleased with myself. Smile

Work going really well. The chap who was moved 'sideways and a little bit down' to accommodate me running the recycling business is now furloughed which is good as he is a right Victor Meldrew. We are incredibly busy and have a nice little team working bloody hard.

Family all good but Yaz very worried by the BA developments. It will all break in the next few days, but BA really are using the virus to sit pretty on their 3.5 billion cash reserve (and their parent company IAGs 8.5 billion) whilst they use the virus as an excuse to block airline bailouts (to remove competition) and get contracts written off to get shut of staff and cut costs. They have threatened to make all staff redundant from 15th June if they do not agree to new contracts which would be unworkable for 80% of Heathrow crew ... so they would have to leave anyway. So much for furloughing 30k staff to save their jobs ...
Well done with the running and fitness levels. Judy walking and me cycling (separately) mevery day fittest we have been for 40m odd years lol

well done with the work situation too. So satisfying when it goes well. Bet the owner is well chuffed withn you?

I do remember work but don't miss it one little bit. Big business like BA and Esso where I worked are so heartless and unconscionable. We are all pawns in the big scheme of things.

Keep safe, all the best.