Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats been happening
Golf GTI ...Go for it. You should only regret the things you have done, not those things you wish you had and didn't.
Very true. If I had a quid for every person who has said similar to me recently I would be able to buy a couple of pints in a pub - which is no mean feat nowadays! Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Wow it's all been happening while I've been trying to get on the site for months but failing by getting some failure to load messages, but I'm back now after a quick message to Kingy.

Sorry to read about your mum matey, hope she gets well soon.
I'm sure only your bother knows why he is acting like he is, this doesn't help you at all so I'm guessing you'll just have to just soldier on without him.

Good news on the work front, sounds like it will keep you ticking over nicely.

Great to hear your getting the exercise in again and getting back to fitness, I seem to be going the other way, not getting out on bikes as much due to work and shite weather so I'm getting fatter lol. In fact it's that bad The wife has ok'd me setting the roadbike up on the turbo trainer on the conservatory so I can get the legs spinning while watching the telly to stop it from being as boring.

As for the Golf GTI just get one bought, we have 15 plate Polo GTI and it's ace and also has the same type of seat covering which hark back to the early days.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Job has now evolved a bit.

End of week 1 they asked if they would go on staff - 4 day a week and monthly pay.
I said ok, why not.

End of week 2 they asked if I would stay long term.
I said I was happy and would consider it. They gave me a company car (Toyota Auris).

End of week 3 they offered me a revised package. More money and the choice of company car I wanted ... or another money bump for me to buy my own car.

So, I have taken the job long term. 4 day week. Collected my new car on Friday. Test drove a GTI Performance and loved it, but then test drove a Golf R. Went for an 8 month old Gold R. Few choice extras to go with the 4wd, DSG and 300bhp. Metallic blue and Im over the moon with it.

So, taking that break/leap of faith has paid off in spades.

Kept the running up, plus walk into work (half an hour each way) or drive and run before work. Have lost 5kgs since Sept and its now levelled out as Im the same weight as when I train hard so all good. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Well it sounds like you've come up smelling of roses with the job, well done you.
Yeah those Golf R's are a nice piece of kit.

Well done on the weight loss, think you've given it me lol
This is the new beastie ...

[Image: 49238581613_60944e325d_z.jpg]Golf Rrrrrrrr by Tony9411, on Flickr

[Image: 49239067776_c86e0fa90f_z.jpg]Untitled by Tony9411, on Flickr
Great to hear it's going so well.
As a bonus you have a choice of uniforms like Policeman, Fireman or Nurse, Prison Warden(ess) if that floats your boat.
Nice looking motor pal
Sorry not been online, but xmas, small operation for Yaz and waiting for results plus lots more have kept me a bit busy.

Work still going really well. I've now been asked to take over running the Recycling Side. Its a 10,000 sq ft warehouse rammed full which needs sorting. Plus taking over office/ paperwork (waste transfer) and deliveries/ collections. I'll be replaced for 'shop floor' work so I can concentrate on the management side. There will be a £ incentive too ... which will be nice. I'm far happier being back in a 'warehouse/ factory' environment with 'hands on'. Getting more responsibility and more variation should keep me from getting bored in the longer term.

Still running 4-5 days a week, manual work at the warehouse so feeling quite fit. Which is good.

Car still amazing. Absolutely love it. It will Pootle around at 30mph or travel at warp speed. Fantastic! Have done mu first 'mod' to it. Replaced the black plastic drivers footrest with a stainless one to match the clutch / accelerator pedals. Imported it from Czech Republic and it was a 10 min job and looks mint. Did consider a stage 1 ecu map (£500) which goes to 370 bhp and 0-60mph in 3.5 seconds, but evidently VW can see the mod and it can void warranty. So thats a big no no!

How are you two? Life good?
Life is good for Judy and I thank you. Not as good as yours sounds right now, well done to you and best wishes to Yaz. We have been getting out on the Bikes, Classic, Modern and Trailies fairly often and are showing our Moto Morinis at the Bristol Classic Show Feb. 1st & 2nd
I have been diagnosed pre-diabetic which is a bummer as I am only a little overweight (honest). Well 6/8 Kg. So I am dieting and walking/cycling most days. Gentle stuff on an MTB not like you nutters get up to.
This year hoping to do North West 200 in May and Manx Grand Prix in August. Friends are talking about Trail riding in Northern Spain and possible Nepal/Royal Enfield Tour in October. Tough life being retired eh?