Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holidays ... Anyone been/ Going?
Sounds like you had a good piss up dude.
I've thought of a little cruise at some point, I'm fancying the Norwegian Fjords for the views and maybe the Northern lights.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
A few people we chatted with had done the Fjords and recommended them.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
All I need to do now then is convince the wife that it's a good idea .
No cooking or washing for a week. Smile

You can be ultra posh or scruffy as feck depending on your mood. They had two formal nights where minimum dress was trousers/smart jeans and shirt upto tux. If you didn't fancy that then you could eat in one of the other restaurants.

Food is amazing and you can eat and drink as much as you want (ideally with the drinks package).

Unless you pay for excursions - once you have paid your cruise there are no other costs.

My bill at the end of the cruise was ... $87
That was $50 for our transfers to Hamburg and $27 for Yaz and Aliyas Yoga class.
Only other cost was 80 euros for our transfer to Bruges.

So, once we paid for the cruise we spent about £177 which included the taxi from the docks to my Aunts where I left the car.

Yaz didn't like boats and hates water - yet booked a cruise! She is now looking out for the next one!
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Will defo look into it for early next year.
Would have to be a full package with drinks included cos we are now so used to all inclusive that nothing else will do.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%...LkxCKN2yeg

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%...B4GqVZ1Rzk
Went Trail riding in Vietnam. My Finnish friend Tarmo took this footage. Great fun and a massive eye-opener for a Hick from the Sticks like me.
Thats barmy!!
The river crossing with the climb looked 'interesting' and the game of chicken in traffic (with some drainage ditch riding) was crackers! Love how so many people are on bikes though just matter of fact.
Hanoi, 9 million people, 5 million moped/scooters. At 600US$ each (probably subsidised) they were everywhere, even remote high mountains
Went to Dubai for a week at start of July.

Amazing resort (actually 40 mins from Dubai - fully gated resort).
Far too hot (we were on the beach at 7am!).
Utter luxury - 5 star all inclusive. The restaurants were superb and the suite we had (2 rooms, 2 bathrooms) was bigger than our house.
Arabs are very very rude. They might be rich, but thats no excuse for being a total twatfuck. The staff loved us because we were polite!

Top tip - Go in Ramadam. Hotels empty so you get to wander round in more tolerable heat and without the rude buggers. Wink
We have just had three nights stay in Bath at Acca's ( you remember Acca ?? ) house down there. He invites us down a couple of times a year and Acca and his wife are the best hosts going, very keen to show us as many new places down there and taking us to the nicest ,also the priciest eating establishments down there.

We off back to Lara beach in Turkey in a few weeks which is always good for me to un wind and do bugger all only eat, drink, swim and sunbathe Smile