• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holidays ... Anyone been/ Going?
Anyone been on holiday?
Where and was it nice? 
Would you go back?

Anyone going on holiday?
Where and when?
Do you have an alarm/ cctv? Wink

Not bothering with Facefook I don't get to see all the idiots advertising empty houses, so thought I'd ask the idiots on here Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Now Judy (BB) has retired we are getting about. May - N.I. watching North West 200 _ brilliant - will go again.
June - Scotland, 1st time for me. On moderns Street Triple & SV 650 Glencoe, Skye etc - Absolutely feckin brill. will go again
July/ August, Finland on Classic Brit bikes with Finnish friends. Ride - sauna - lake - drink - repeat. Brill but need detox. Boy can they drink!!!

No cctv but great neighbours. I am considering smart cctv for longer hols next year, USA & the Nordkapp, but I am a total eegit when it comes to technology
Sounds like you have been making the most of it! Brilliant.
BY next year the 'smart' CCTV will be even better than now and probably so easy to install you could get a monkey to do it for you. (I'll give you JollyJoiners number! Wink )
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Would it be a PERManent fixtuere
Ha ha. Smile

We have our hols booked. Med cruise at the end of the month. I didn't take a holiday last year with starting the job and any days off have been spent sorting the factory etc so I'm ready for a break. Yaz booked us on this (with the kids too). Never been on a big boat so looking forward to the experience. Should be good.
Oh dear! I thought cruises were for OLD people? Eat, drink, excursion. Eat, drink, excursion. You'll have to spend a lot of time in the gym / pool, methinks.
Yep. I thought much the same, but it's surprising the number of bike shop owners and reps who have been on cruises and have recommended. It seems it's a guaranteed way to relax as you have no option. I'm saving judgement.

Have booked the drinks package so I have a ££ target to exceed. It's nice to have a challenge! Wink

Gym looks pretty good so will enjoy spending some time in there - earning the calorie excess. Smile

Yaz is fed up with flying as it's like a busman holiday for her, so this is for her to try and see if it's a viable holiday for the future. We get preferential rates through BA and they do a shit load of different ones - Flying out to New York / Miami / Barbados and then going from there - so could have a few days on land before the big boat. I'm not arsed so will just leave it to her.
Sounds cool & nice change for your missus. Do you know how to relax, lol. Perhaps they could fix you up a static bike and screen with vids of mountains??
Hahahaha Kingy a fecking cruise, oh dear oh dear lol
And who the feck goes to the gym while on holiday ???? thats for models and film stars, oh and puffs haha.

We go away in mid September to Lara beach Turkey, five star all inclusive. They also have a gym which I shall be walking past to the pool bar at 10.30am for my fist beer Smile

I fitted a H.view home security cctv sytem from Amazon, it serves all our purposes so I can check our mansion while we are away on my phone
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Well, the cruise has been ... well ... cruised. Smile

Very different kind of holiday. If you want there is food/ drink 24-7. Madness!

The target set with my drinks package was slaughtered. I rose to the challenge and even went onto Tom Collins cocktails when beer was getting 'bloaty'.

Ate far too much, did the gym three times to make myself feel better with all that food and drink.

Enjoyed Hamburg, Oslo and Bruges. Got transfers or walked in rather than do the excursions. We got to see what we wanted that way which worked out perfect for us. 

The kids enjoyed the climbing wall, quizzes and watching films (9pm to 11.30pm) in the jacuzzis! 

Samee though he had died and gone to heaven as there was 24 hour pizza - which he took full advantage of. Oh to be a hollow legged lanky streak of piss again that can eat anything at any hour with no weight gain!!

We fell lucky with the weather with doing a European cruise. 20+ degrees most of the time. 

Would we go again ... 

Yaz wants to and I would but only with no kids. So, during school term and maybe fly out to the States (Tampa, Miami or New York) and go from there. If dates don't work then maybe a Med one. 
Our kids are fine and will behave (or else!) but other parents don't have the same principles and are quite happy to not give a shit about their childrens behaviour if it is out of their sight. Wasn't an issue as I didn't bother going where adults with young(er) families congregated, but given the choice I would avoid them completely. And scousers. Wink

So, in conclusion - It's not at all like the preconceptions I had. It is a good craic - but you need to seriously pace yourself. I can imagine it would be a scream going with a couple / few likeminded folks.