Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been to Budapest?
I know for a while it was getting that way.

Hopefully the cultural aspect of the city frightened them off.
All booked and sorted. Did numerous checks and spoke to friends who have been and they reassured me that it's not Hungarys answer to Blackpool! Wink (Stag do's).

We are staying here: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revie...ngary.html

Looks a nice enough gaffe. Mind you beyond sleeping and getting breakfast we won't be in the place much! Smile

Should be a good boys jolly weekend.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Sounds like it could get messy lol
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(05-15-2015, 02:25 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Sounds like it could get messy lol

Ohhhh yesssss. Big Grin
To be fair, we are sensible 'ish' as we want to enjoy the weekend and take in Budapest. But yes, I reckon 'messy' is a fair description! Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
And so the countdown to Friday begins. Smile
Just one day left. Big Grin Will be in the lounge at Manchester Airport this time tomorrow sampling their coffee and finest bacon butties. Cool
Have a good un mate Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Hell of a place. Uploading some pics to photobucket and will link them in here when I get chance later. Cheapest pint 75p and average £1.50. My word! Smile
(05-11-2015, 09:18 PM)Rick Wrote: I just hope the drunken knob head stag parties haven't ruined it.

They haven't. Cool

We saw two (stag) groups get met at the airport as we arrived. We didn't see them again though. We assumed they must stick to the streets off the long main shopping/restuarant street. The side streets off there come alive with 'titty bars' at night. Its a 15 min walk from the centre though - and you could be eating on that street and not know about the side streets anyway its so big and busy. That said, we did walk through there and still saw no stag parties.

There were none (stags) at all in any of the cafe bars, restuarants and 'ruin bars' we went to which we all very busy and a very mixed crowd. (Nationalities, gender, age).

Fantastic place to go and far too much to see/do in just a weekend. So much culture during the day, so many districts to visit and then whatever night life you want in the evening from fine dining to world renown 'Ruin Bars' like the excellent Szimpla Kert.
I usually use the same sites: booking.com and *link removed until Jessica posts more or hell freezes over or United win the league* when travel to Budapest. There are a lot of tiny towns in Hungary, which I advise all to see and get some pleasure from thermal waters.