Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Series Worth Watching.
Southland Series 2 Episode 5 ... "What makes Sammy Run".

One of the best episodes of a TV series I've seen in a long long time. Brilliant. The final scene with Shawn Hatosy (Sammy) and Lill Casper (Jonathon Castellano) is excellent. Very powerful.

Can't believe I've not heard of this series before. It's somehow slipped under the radar or is underated but regardless its very very good.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
The new American horror story on channel Fox, weird as hell but good.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Constantine, based on comic not the Keanu Reeves film. Bit like Buffy the Vampire Slayer only better british lead role which adds a bit of believability and a few comedic moments. First episode was a decent watch so will see how the series pans out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3489184/

How to get away with murder, law students learn the ropes from a defence attorney. Only four from the class will get picked as her understudies each with a different skillset and agenda.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3205802/
Lyllihammer series 3 is on Netflix now.

You need to watch them in order as the characters are recurring, and their timeline is important as events happen in series three which it is assumed you know from previous series.

Its only eight episodes, so as I wasn't out in the evening I boshed through it over weekend. I enjoyed it. It's not as good as the first two, but def good enough. Great last episode aswell.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1958961/

Quote:A New York mobster goes into hiding in rural Lillehammer in Norway after testifying against his former associates.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I've just started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. I did series one in a night and am now on Series 2. Great stuff, don't know how I missed it.

I'm looking forward to a new series of Luther. Thoroughly enjoyed the other series
Breaking Bad is fantastic. Just gets better and better.

(12-03-2014, 02:49 AM)Shelley Wrote: I'm looking forward to a new series of Luther. Thoroughly enjoyed the other series

Have you watched the wire? Elba is in that. He plays Stringer Bell. Brilliant actor and (if you haven't seen it) another great series to consider.
Oo I might try that. Trouble is I don't get much time to watch things like this. I only started breaking bad as I was up all night with a poorly toddler. It is addictive though.

We borrowed the Luther box set off a friend and Iain and I stayed up too late watching too many back to back.
It's a killer when you get into these series. I will go for days or a week without being able to watch an episode and then try and cram a series (or near enough depending on how many episodes) late night at weekend. They are too bloody addictive! Smile
Watched the last ever 'Sons Of Anarchy' last night.
For me it lost its way. Two very good series and then a third abberation set in 'Norn Ireland' which didn't work on any level. After that it was occasionally excellent ... "I've got this" ... but often a bit silly and unrealistic (even allowing poetic license and unplugging of the brain). That said, I felt it was worth sticking with and in the main am glad I did. It was a proper ending where balance was redressed and there is no question over the outcome.
we're now on series 5 of breaking bad and it just gets better and better however quick question after series five is there another final series? thought i saw the DVD in the shops the other day

also fancy "sons of anarchy" next :-)
[Image: 429106_10150572149937980_1602159129_n.jp...c4299546f0]