Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook.
(10-04-2016, 04:33 PM)Kingy Wrote: ... Add Strava to the list. 

Twats in cars and electric bikes taking KOMs will be the death of Strava. Got sick of flagging the cheating dick heads.  Angry

Plus a feed clogged up with turbo/zwifting tossers who won't go outside because it's too dark/wet/cold.  Dodgy. MTFU.

Tongue

Do you need a hug mate ?

Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Yeah Strava is getting a bit stupid to be fair, just flagged a KOM as the bloke has no others, all his other rides he can't climb for shit but yet manages to get a KOM on a tough climb!

Facebook has its uses, but agree its become over the top. I look at it most days but rarely post, unless its Batty related :-)
(10-04-2016, 08:00 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Do you need a hug mate ?

Big Grin

I think I just miss 'old school' forums like this one. Sadly most people dont have the time (sorry - can't be arsed to make the time) to post like this - preferring the quick hit/fix of social media. 
I really don't like the format of Facebook where the gobshites have centre stage. They are the ones that used to get told to shut up or you are banned in the good old days. Now they shout, add endless selfies and think they rule Facebook. It's Jeremy Kyle online. 

....... Yes, I think I need a hug.  Wink Ha ha Big Grin

(10-04-2016, 08:24 PM)speedymadr6 Wrote: Yeah Strava is getting a bit stupid to be fair, just flagged a KOM as the bloke has no others, all his other rides he can't climb for shit but yet manages to get a KOM on a tough climb!

Facebook has its uses, but agree its become over the top. I look at it most days but rarely post, unless its Batty related :-)

Thats the big problem with Strava now Dave. It's got much worse this year. I recently lost six KOMs in two weeks. One recorded 69.7mph to take one KOM! All were flagged and re-instated, but it's wrong that you have to do that. The w@nkers taking the KOMs know they shouldn't have them, but do nothing. Cnuts. I have a few more that are suspect but I just can't be arsed with it. You shouldn't have to Police it like this. 

Anyway - I've found it quite liberating just going out and riding without giving Strava or segments a second thought. I needed to change something as I was starting to get a bit bored and this has made a difference for me. I'm still recording activities but just so I keep an eye on basic data for training.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I find offroad its a bit more reliable, still some dubious ones especially with bloody E Bikes now!

I use Training Peaks as a measure of fitness as relates all my power data and HR data to give me an indication of my current fitness and training load. good to check if I am overdoing it or not and taking enough time out. Took me a while to understand but its my main training log and far more valuable than what strava produces.
Wondered why I hadn't seen any strava uploads recently.
I've stopped going for koms now on strava, I just use it as an app to record my rides and see how I've done compared to my other rides and times. I used to push hard on some sections just to try and beat a time but now only push when I feel I want too.
I had a very bad cramp in both inner thighs a couple of hours after a good fast ride one night. The pain was the worse pain I had ever had before (even after my terrible motorcycle accident). When I did manage to stand up I had gone all hot and clammy and light headed with the shear pain, I then woke up laid on the kitchen floor where I must have passed out.
Now there could have been a few things that lead to the cramp, a loss of salts, not hydrated enough through out the day, being busy all that day on a roof in the sun, but what ever it was I never want to feel like that ever again, so now only push a little and now try and go for a nice pleasurable pace without my heart rate going through the roof Wink
It's probably an age thing Nige. You need to remember you are fifty fecking two Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I don't use Strava cause I don't exercise (I'm in shape - round is a shape ;-) ) but it would annoy me if people were taking ill-gotten gains through cheating methods. Worse if you have to police it yourself. I use RunKeeper to record my lunchtime walks but only cos the guy I walk with also does it, and he enjoys the challenge of 'racing' me at lunch. It helps him so I don't mind having it in the background. But that's a similar thing with 'goals' and what not - I don't bother with them as a result.

Nige - you mention a motorcycle accident, are you ok? I've not heard anything about that, I hope it didn't contribute to your sudden need for a nap!
(10-06-2016, 08:49 AM)FraserG Wrote: I don't use Strava cause I don't exercise (I'm in shape - round is a shape ;-) ) but it would annoy me if people were taking ill-gotten gains through cheating methods. Worse if you have to police it yourself. I use RunKeeper to record my lunchtime walks but only cos the guy I walk with also does it, and he enjoys the challenge of 'racing' me at lunch. It helps him so I don't mind having it in the background. But that's a similar thing with 'goals' and what not - I don't bother with them as a result.

Nige - you mention a motorcycle accident, are you ok? I've not heard anything about that, I hope it didn't contribute to your sudden need for a nap!

I don't like to talk about it Tongue
(10-06-2016, 06:59 AM)Kingy Wrote: It's probably an age thing Nige. You need to remember you are fifty fecking two Wink

Hahaha forty fecking eight     Wink