ThrottleMonkey
Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - Printable Version

+- ThrottleMonkey (http://dw4n.com/ThM)
+-- Forum: The Two Wheeled Monkey forum .... (http://dw4n.com/ThM/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chat and Banter and Sillyness! Anything goes. (http://dw4n.com/ThM/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: For Sale / Wanted Adverts (http://dw4n.com/ThM/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE (/showthread.php?tid=507)

Pages: 1 2

Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - Kingy - 07-20-2016

Thought I'd put this on here to see how the pics look and also to see if anyone may be interested or know someone who is ...

Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year. 

Bought by me on 24/9/2014. (Have receipt showing bike cost of £1,649.99 - which didn't include pedals, bottle cages or mini pump shown on the pics). 

Bike was supplied by High Peak Cycles of Glossop (Cannondale dealer and my local bike shop) and has been serviced and looked after by them. I do not do 'mechanics' so all work has been undertaken by High Peak Cycles who I'm sure will be happy to verify if that were required. 

[Image: 20160718_190957_zpsb01zn9gz.jpg]

The bike is completely standard apart from heli-tape on the frame to protect from scratches and Jag Wire cables fitted to replace the cheaper OE cables to ensure smooth shifting. I've also switched the standard Schwalbe Lugano tyres in favour of the better Continental GP4000II (25's). 

[Image: 20160718_190722_zpsqfvuzoqi.jpg]

Frame size is a 58. 
The bike is well specced as standard with full Shimano 105 Groupset and RS11 wheels. It's light as you would expect being carbon and is a very comfortable and quick bike to ride. 
No chips/ marks/ dinks or otherwise on the frame. Bike has been used for social riding only and never dropped. 

[Image: 20160718_190826_zpskbya2f0v.jpg]

I like the bike that much that I bought the cheaper alloy Synapse and use that as a commute/ winter bike. That means this Carbon Synapse only goes out in good/dry weather. 
The sale is reluctant as I love the carbon synapse. Why sell then? Because I'm looking at getting another Cannondale - the 2016 Caad12 Disc and I can't justify having two 'summer' bikes. 

I did a review of the bike here if you want a bit more info on the bike ... https://theangrybiker.wordpress.com/2015/12/09/canondale-synapse-carbon-105/

Price: £975 ono.

Bike is in Glossop (SK13). 

Contact on here or by email to tony941athotmaildotcom (change at to @ and dotcom to .com)
Payment by cash preferred, or bank transfer. Funds must be cleared into bank before bike is taken away. 

----------------------------------------

Would appreciate comments on the ad/ wording/ pics and price. If you do know someone who is interested then let them/me know. The bike is spot on and I would like to sell it sooner rather than later as the Caad12 disk I am interested in will become available mid to end of August. 
Ta.  Big Grin

RE: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - FraserG - 07-20-2016

(07-20-2016, 09:35 AM)Kingy Wrote: Would appreciate comments on the ad/ wording/ pics and price.

Well that opens up a world of opportunities!

Question 1 - does it come with the box of coke? Can the coke be substituted for a drink of better nourishment?

As a critique, I would ask if there were receipts available for the servicing work/mechanical work completed along with the original purchase receipt?
You mention "which didn't include pedals, bottle cages or mini pump shown on the pics" - but no mention of whether these are included (or not included) in the sale, don't know whether it's worth clarifying it?
For spec wise I'm assuming those serious about purchase will understand what 58 refers to for frame size, etc.?

Other than that, looks like a standard ad for a push bike. Lemme know if you put something on twitter/fb and I'll share it round, though I don't know many in the push bike market (at least, no one I think that you don't already know yourself!).

RE: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - Kingy - 07-20-2016

Arf! Smile

If the box of coke is a makeweight for any deal than I'm happy to include it Wink

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it (seriously). I've stuck this here before I 'go live' with it to iron out any issues.

1) Other than the bill of sale I don't have any receipts. Haven't kept them, but if someone wanted confirmation of work done and the bikes condition they can speak directly to Jamie who owns High Peak Cycles. In truth, unlike cars and bikes people don't tend to be too worried about receipts for ongoing stuff on bikes as everything is on display so it's easy to see if a push iron has been looked after or not.

2) I've purposely been vague with the pedals/bottle cages and minipump in the hope it will get people to ask the same question as you. I'm happy to leave them on within a deal if a potential buyer wants them. (Some people may not want this type of pedal - depends what shoes they cycle in).

3) Yes, you are correct. Anyone shopping for a bike will know or have an idea of the frame size they need. By way of explanation 54 is for really short arsed midgets, 56 for vertically challenged muppets and 58 for perfect male physique.

Thanks for the facebook/ twitter offer. I'll take you up on that when I do the ad proper.

RE: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - jollyjoiner - 07-20-2016

All looks ok to me.
My only question would be you've put shimano 105 groupset but I see FSA crank arms so you may need to be a tad more specific Smile
And what 105 is it ? Compact ? .....pro compact ?

RE: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - Kingy - 07-20-2016

(07-20-2016, 05:28 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: All looks ok to me.
My only question would be you've put shimano 105 groupset  but I see  FSA crank arms so you may need to be a tad more specific Smile
And what 105 is it ? Compact ? .....pro compact ?

All Cannondales are supplied with FSA chainring. Didn't think of mentioning it. Fair point.

Think the 105 is compact. No idea really.  Big Grin

What do you think to the price? I'm looking around on FB/ Ebay but not getting too many pointers. FB groups have similar aged bikes for a bit more. I want to try and be realistic with the price so don't mind straight talk even if I won't like it!  Wink  

Only other I've seen is a smaller frame (56) and priced cheaper BIN on ebay, but mentions a 'chip' out of the frame which would put me right off a carbon bike. Says it's caused by the chain, but that makes no odds to me.

RE: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - speedymadR6 - 07-20-2016

Chainset is compact, not semi compact or pro compact as Nige has imagined it to be ;-)

Price looks good

RE: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - Kingy - 07-21-2016

Cheers Dave.

The price is about 50% of the retail price the bike sold at (£1,850 from memory) - so represents 50% depreciation against RRP in less than 2 years. I thought that was realistic, despite the bike shop suggesting starting at £1,100! (Think that's far too optimistic).

What may not help is that since ^^ then Cannondale have reduced their RRP's but cheapened components to achieve that - such as the inclusion of the utterly shite Maddux wheelsets. I never bother upgrading bikes as I try to buy the spec I want, but my red synapse commute bike came with Maddux wheels and I've had to replace them with Mavic Aksiums 6 months in as the Maddux are literally falling to pieces due to very poor build quality and very cheap components. (Spokes snapped/ hubs dry/ skewers rusted). I've had he Maddux rebuilt and will keep them as emergency spares but in full knowledge that they are shite.

Do you think I should include in the advert ... "From experience, this bike WILL beast the Fred Whitton Challenge should you wish to enter it" Wink Smile

RE: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - jollyjoiner - 07-21-2016

(07-20-2016, 06:47 PM)speedymadr6 Wrote: Chainset is compact, not semi compact or pro compact as Nige has imagined it to be ;-)

Price looks good

I never imagined it to be a pro or semi, it was just a question I thought to ask.........ya cock lol Tongue

RE: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - FraserG - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 06:44 AM)Kingy Wrote: Do you think I should include in the advert ... "From experience, this bike WILL beast the Fred Whitton Challenge should you wish to enter it" Wink Smile

It's an example of something the bike has done comfortably so why not?

RE: Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 - 2015 Model Year FOR SALE - jollyjoiner - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 06:44 AM)Kingy Wrote: Do you think I should include in the advert ... "From experience, this bike WILL beast the Fred Whitton Challenge should you wish to enter it" Wink Smile

Errr NO