Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your day jobs?
I'm still a field service engineer fixing x - ray, metal detectors and checkweighers. I travel UK and worldwide.
Last few months I've been to Ivory Coast, Ghana x 2, Cameroon, South Africa, Turkey, Oman and next Tuesday it'll be Norway.
The money is ok but the hours are shocking.
If money was no problem I'd do f*ck all except relax, grow me veggies and the occasional TD.
I'm still happily married to the lovely Ziggy with 4 kiddies, Lucy, Sydney, Oscar and Jerry. There all moggies by the way.
I'm a software developer for a consulting firm in London, great pay & I really enjoy what I do so no complaints there.

If money was no object I'd probably buy a farm with a load of land and make MotoX tracks, a go kart track etc. basically a giant playground.
Current bikes: '06 Honda VTR1000 SP2
Previous bikes: '04 Yamaha YZF-R6 | '06 Honda CBR1000RR | '98 Honda VTR1000F | '01 Suzuki SV650S | '99 Suzuki SV650S | '93 Honda CB400

[Image: sig_zps0da1072c.png]
Im a process operator on an oil refinery,been in that job for ten years now,which has gone so fast !! Its quite a monotonous job where not a lot happens and hopefully will stay that way regards loss of containment !!

I have a trade which sometimes i forget about,in mechanical engineering and would really like to combine the two skill sets and develop further down a avenue that would see the two disciplines compliment each other,well thats the plan anyway Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
(10-05-2014, 08:56 PM)Anth Wrote: Im a process operator on an oil refinery,been in that job for ten years now,which has gone so fast !! Its quite a monotonous job where not a lot happens and hopefully will stay that way regards loss of containment !!

I have a trade which sometimes i forget about,in mechanical engineering and would really like to combine the two skill sets and develop further down a avenue that would see the two disciplines compliment each other,well thats the plan anyway Cool

And work more than 4 days without having 20 off Smile
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Ive always had the nickname picasso as for many yrs ive been a paint sprayer. all things metal and cars vans hgv and loads of race bikes Smile
but for the last yr ive worked at a scooter dealer as a mechanic in newark where i live always had mechanics hands so love the job im in now Cool
would like in the future to work in a big bike shop like cmc
picasso racing Big Grin (f.b)

I've known CMC since having mmy first bike in 1985 when they was a small dealership in Stavely, i've had many a bike off them over the years and still pop in for a chat with them Smile
1985 !! Nigel you got into bikes late,were you a born again biker back then !! Any how i have to work 20 shifts to get 14 off !!
I was 17 matey Smile
I was 4 Big Grin
Ok ok so i'm old Sad