Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your day jobs?
(10-05-2014, 09:32 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: I was 17 matey Smile

(10-05-2014, 10:32 PM)Shelley Wrote: I was 4 Big Grin

I wasn't even born Big Grin

For the 'day' job, I'm currently a research engineer undertaking my doctorate degree with Loughborough Uni and Buro Happold as my industrial sponsor (where I spend most of my time). I'm currently researching healthcare efficiency and patient experience. It's a four year course which finished in 2018 for me. I enjoy it because, among other things, I still get my student discount mwa ha ha ha.
I'm also a software developer with Buro Happold alongside my studies which I enjoy, coming from my computer science background.

For the 'weekend' job I'm still a marshal for motorcycle racing and, to the best of my knowledge, still the youngest ACU Clerk of the Course in Great Britain.

If money were no object, I would still do my doctorate cos it's something I've always wanted. After that, I'd probably buy lots of land and build a new race track, or just buy an existing one and the surrounding houses so I didn't have to worry about noise limits.
(10-05-2014, 08:56 PM)Anth Wrote: Im a process operator on an oil refinery,been in that job for ten years now,which has gone so fast !! Its quite a monotonous job where not a lot happens and hopefully will stay that way regards loss of containment !!

I've seen through your disguise!

[Image: homer.jpg]

Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Ha bugger rumbled !!
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
(10-06-2014, 12:22 PM)Kingy Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 08:56 PM)Anth Wrote: Im a process operator on an oil refinery,been in that job for ten years now,which has gone so fast !! Its quite a monotonous job where not a lot happens and hopefully will stay that way regards loss of containment !!

I've seen through your disguise!

[Image: homer.jpg]

Tongue

(10-06-2014, 02:42 PM)Anth Wrote: Ha bugger rumbled !!

Hahahaha Kingy I like it Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
I run my own safety consultancy working in the construction / Manufacturing http://www.harrissafety.co.uk

Only started it in Feb but it’s going great

If money was no object I would buy and renovate old houses and live in the lakes
TO many crash test monkeys to list
Doh !!
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember