Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-Bikes. Hmmm. Pushbike or 'motor' bike?
Quite interesting article, especially if you use Strava and have worked very hard to win an elusive KOM (King of the Mountain). Whilst riding isn't all about Strava (or other fitness apps) the top ten tables and competition for KOM's is a great training tool and something that helps solo training. Could all that be ruined by the new breed of power assisted E-Bikes?

There has already been accusations of high level races being won by use of motors within bike frames offering similar 'power assistance' to that described in this article. Can see that developing into as big an issue as EPO/Drugs in cycling.

Worth a read if you have a few minutes spare:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/late...21jk905.01
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Gotta say that would be pretty sad if someone was doing that. And to be fair you're only cheating yourself by doing so anyway so what's the point.
Completely agree Martin.
Sadly it's already happening.

It's a shame as I think the e-bike is a fantastic idea for all the right reasons. It gets people out and able to enjoy some routes that they would normally avoid due to gradients. It's also a great idea for commuting. Just a shame that one of the first things they actually get used for is cheating. Perhaps a sign of the 'put nothing in, want everything back' attitude displayed by a minority of folk.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I don't give a monkeys on what others do on strava, I'm using it to record my rides as a reference and to see if i'm improving when I decide to push on certain sections :p
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(07-27-2015, 04:07 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: I don't give a monkeys on what others do on strava, I'm using it to record my rides as a reference and to see if i'm improving when I decide to push on certain sections :p

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Big Grin
(07-27-2015, 05:12 PM)Kingy Wrote:
(07-27-2015, 04:07 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: I don't give a monkeys on what others do on strava, I'm using it to record my rides as a reference and to see if i'm improving when I decide to push on certain sections :p

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Big Grin

He He He Smile
Depends what your using it for. In the article it is clearly cheating, but having big knee problems a e bike may be the only way I can still cycle in a few yrs.
Good point Gaz, at least it would help the likes of you still get out and enjoy some trails