Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Telly
Well I took delivery of a new tv on Friday.
We had a 50" Led Samsung that was coming up to 5 years old and had suddenly developed a couple of purple patches on the screen. Now these could only be seen on a light image but very annoying when there. Did the usual google search and this seemed to be a common fault which could cost many pounds to repair so I though fook it may as well get a new one.

After going to the usual first choice shop (Currys) to see whats now out there we could see there was one make that seemed to stand out more and that was a Sony Bravia. https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projecto...096bu.html Now this one was a 55" 4K tv with You View which is freeview tv, google play and was Android based. I believe it's a side lit led tv which most seem to be now. So after some more searching to see what  deals were out there we ended up ordering one online from Richer Sounds. Now these were the same price as Currys at £699 but came with a 6 year warranty instead of everyone else's 5 year warranty.

Well what can I say about the picture ? well it's bloody fantastic. We have watched  a downloaded 4K film and also watch The Grand Tour on Amazon Tv in 4K format too and wow the picture is sharp.

Like most people that have a slim led tv they know the sound is crap because there is no room in them for good speakers but we already had  a Sony soundbar with wireless Sub and they seem to complement each other very well.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Looks a belter. Sony are a cracking screen. Most 'good' tv's have shite sound and many very expensive ones have no sound/speakers at all. Its to save space and because it is assumed you will want to use (or buy) your own sound system. If its Android you will be able to add Smart IPTV and other bits to really make it work. I did some work on a neighbours for him (and his Fire TV box) and he is over the moon with it.
£700 is a great price too with that warranty. Well done mate.

I'm still running my Panasonic 50" Plasma. Not sure how long I've had it but it just keeps on going and the screen is still perfect. No burn or issues at all. I had to wait a few months for it to arrive from Japan as it was the best screen when Pioneer dropped out of the market. It was about £1700 if I remember correctly which seems crazy money now when you look at prices! It was the last 'proper' screen before they went LED backlit and 3d bollox as I wanted to miss that tech out completely. It's not smart - but Amazon Fire TV box adds Kodi, full IPTV, plus all the usual suspects (Netflix, Amazon Prime etc). I keep looking at new Screens now OLED prices are coming down but at present have nowhere I can move this one too.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007