Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLOODY HELL.....WHERE'S THE TIME GONE?
Hello people.....just scrolling through my 'old' computer pages and realised I've not got onto TM in aeons.

So where have I been all this time?  
Well...Australia, New Zealand and Thailand for Feb, March, April, May up to mid June.  Got back and within 4 weeks had sold the motorhome, sold the car and bought another car and a caravan.  Yes a caravan...because we're not getting any younger we needed the space and more importantly the comfort we didn't have in the motorhome.  Plus it got me a 4wd Tiguan.  SWMBO drew the line at a Tuareg....boohoo.
Anyway in the interim....twixt the end of June and now we have been on our wanderings...and yet more upheaval has happened.  All but one of my bikes has gone....there's a clearout of trackday stuff going on and we are looking to move!!!  The house went on the market last week and we are 'looking'.......somewhere ooop north so beware folks.....hehe

Anyway......sorry for letting TM slide from my consciousness and in between all the goings on I will try to remember you're here more often.

I trust everyone is well, healthy, happy and likewise their families.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Nice to hear from you Rog. Sounds like you have had a vey busy and fab time of it with more to come! 

Where 'Up North' are you considering moving to? And bear in mind that when I go to Scotland with work (regularly  Dodgy) I get called a 'Southener'.  Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Roger..Roger....Roger it's good to have you back.

Well you have been a busy boy now haven't you.

I remember you saying you was thinking of moving up this area, have you though of which area you will laying your hat yet ? just so I can get the ball rolling if I need to sell up and move farther away hahaha
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Glad to see you're enjoying youir retirement matey.

Be good to catch up.

What do you mean about lack of comfort etc. ??
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Hi guys.....well a bit more time passes and more 'wanderings'. Just got back from a week looking around Staffordshire, Cheshire and N Wales.

OK....first off.....Yogi. More comfort was needed in that the MH was good but not much room indoors for sitting around and a little lacking on space compared to a caravan. The only 'lazing around' area inside was the dinette but the caravan in comparison is huuuuuge.
For the moving thing we've looked at some in Kirkby in Ashfield and Sutton in Ashfield but they were not suitable. We have a favourite in Kidsgrove but the vendors are pi55ing around. We've looked in Hednesford, Nantwich, Deeside and there's one there that has an inside 'wow' factor but no view other than the garden. We are off to N Wales again to view a couple more soon. The attraction there is more 'bungalow' for your buck and some places with amazing views. Also it's only about 1 hour to Judith's family and access to the motorway and airports is pretty good.........but it's not a done deal yet guys so we might still be coming to a 'bungalow......near you'.......hehehehe
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Bloody el mate, I'm working at a property in Sutton in Ashfield at the moment. It's only 30 mins for where I live too in Bolsover. Keep hunting, I'm sure the right property will pop up when least expected.
Deeside. I was there the other day. It must have a good side then which I have not seen as my dealer is in an area that's rough as a bears arse! It has a strong Eastern European community/ influence. Its just under 2 hours from here (Sunny Glossop in the Peaks) in morning traffic. 

JJ will be chuffed if you move near to him as somebody 'normal' moving in should raise the property prices! Wink

I still have a caravan tucked away in a garage in Glossop. Got a bit fed up with dragging it around in the traffic. Was brilliant when the kids were younger though. We did lots of long weekends as there are LOADS of places to get to within 2 hours of here that make you feel you are much further away. 

If, and its a very big IF ... If we did think of going down that road again I think it would be a converted VW that can get into car parks and park on the drive with no trouble. A friend has just had one converted professionally and it's a fantastic piece of kit. I'm not too hot on the idea just yet as we don't have the time to take enough advantage of it. Maybe when I am in my next job doing a 3 or 4 day week though ...  Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Well ....back again after another round of viewing. Drove up to Connah's Quay on Wednesday morning. Had three viewings, one had amazing views but was just too small despite the massive potential for something awesome by way of a deck and conservatory. The second was pretty much what we are looking for but needs further consideration and the third was an awesome 4 bed place, fabulously fitted out and an awesome conservatory.........but........there's always one somewhere. The outlook extended as far as the end of the garden which was about 15-20 feet away. It felt like being hemmed in on all sides so it's another no no. We spent the night at Judith's brothers place and drove back home yesterday. There's a viewing on ours tomorrow so things are progressing.

I don't think JJ has anything to worry about.....it's almost certain, but never say never....hehe, that we will be plonking ourselves down either somewhere around Kidsgrove (20 or so miles radius) or it will be somewhere on Deeside with a view over the estuary.

Anyway I'm back to immersing myself in the 'estate' agents tinterwebby stuff....so catch you folks later.....
(10-12-2018, 03:53 PM)Kingy Wrote: Deeside. I was there the other day. It must have a good side then which I have not seen as my dealer is in an area that's rough as a bears arse! It has a strong Eastern European community/ influence. Its just under 2 hours from here (Sunny Glossop in the Peaks) in morning traffic. 

JJ will be chuffed if you move near to him as somebody 'normal' moving in should raise the property prices! Wink

I still have a caravan tucked away in a garage in Glossop. Got a bit fed up with dragging it around in the traffic. Was brilliant when the kids were younger though. We did lots of long weekends as there are LOADS of places to get to within 2 hours of here that make you feel you are much further away. 

If, and its a very big IF ... If we did think of going down that road again I think it would be a converted VW that can get into car parks and park on the drive with no trouble. A friend has just had one converted professionally and it's a fantastic piece of kit. I'm not too hot on the idea just yet as we don't have the time to take enough advantage of it. Maybe when I am in my next job doing a 3 or 4 day week though ...  Big Grin

Roger.......normal........ Hahahahahahahaahahahaha
On a scale of 'normality' I was comparing Roger to you ... Wink You fecking webbed footed deviant!! Ha ha