Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holidays ... Anyone been/ Going?
Well, the cruise has been ... well ... cruised. Smile

Very different kind of holiday. If you want there is food/ drink 24-7. Madness!

The target set with my drinks package was slaughtered. I rose to the challenge and even went onto Tom Collins cocktails when beer was getting 'bloaty'.

Ate far too much, did the gym three times to make myself feel better with all that food and drink.

Enjoyed Hamburg, Oslo and Bruges. Got transfers or walked in rather than do the excursions. We got to see what we wanted that way which worked out perfect for us. 

The kids enjoyed the climbing wall, quizzes and watching films (9pm to 11.30pm) in the jacuzzis! 

Samee though he had died and gone to heaven as there was 24 hour pizza - which he took full advantage of. Oh to be a hollow legged lanky streak of piss again that can eat anything at any hour with no weight gain!!

We fell lucky with the weather with doing a European cruise. 20+ degrees most of the time. 

Would we go again ... 

Yaz wants to and I would but only with no kids. So, during school term and maybe fly out to the States (Tampa, Miami or New York) and go from there. If dates don't work then maybe a Med one. 
Our kids are fine and will behave (or else!) but other parents don't have the same principles and are quite happy to not give a shit about their childrens behaviour if it is out of their sight. Wasn't an issue as I didn't bother going where adults with young(er) families congregated, but given the choice I would avoid them completely. And scousers. Wink

So, in conclusion - It's not at all like the preconceptions I had. It is a good craic - but you need to seriously pace yourself. I can imagine it would be a scream going with a couple / few likeminded folks.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
Holidays ... Anyone been/ Going? - Kingy - 08-06-2018, 05:46 PM
RE: Holidays ... Anyone been/ Going? - Kingy - 09-05-2018, 06:30 PM