Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throttlemonkey domain up for renewal
Its that time again. Domain up for renewal and due this week I think. Will be £25 or £30 from memory. Is it worth it? 

If no one answers I have my response! Wink

If we don't renew we can still get to the site by using :

http://dw4n.com/ThM/index.php
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
That's an awful lot of money for a domain Kingy - how long is the registration for?
I don't understand this sort of thing but if we don't have to pay for it and can still get on then that seems to be the best option.

There's only us three that use this place anyway Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(10-02-2017, 09:14 AM)FraserG Wrote: That's an awful lot of money for a domain Kingy - how long is the registration for?

2 years from memory. If you can get it cheaper then I'll not renew - or we can use the DN4 
Option. As Nige says I've only questioned it myself as it seems a waste of money as no one else bothers with the site.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I'll have a look with my domain providers and see what they'd charge and let you know the alternative options. Even 2 years seems a tad on the high side (by about a fiver).
A fiver. FFS you are still in work dodging student mode! Wink
Seems a shame to let it go....I know I don't post as often as some but this retirement lark is bloody hard work......see next new post.....
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
(10-03-2017, 07:32 PM)Kingy Wrote: A fiver. FFS you are still in work dodging student mode! Wink

That's 2 pints at the SU bar!
(10-05-2017, 09:21 AM)FraserG Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 07:32 PM)Kingy Wrote: A fiver. FFS you are still in work dodging student mode! Wink

That's 2 pints at the SU bar!

Or two and a half in the Crown in Glossop! (Sam Smith Pub - super cheap cheap, but stick to Double4 not Taddy  Wink Big Grin)
The domain has lapsed now, however, it will remain in Kingy's hands for up to 3 months before being released to the general community - this is to allow people that forget to renew the chance to still renew.

However, UK2.net (my provider) do .co.uk domains for £6.50 plus VAT - so a couple of years with them is £15 approx. if that's of any use and is a bit cheaper than currently being paid.