Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where'd they go
It's like the Mary Celeste in here.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
The spammers still enjoy us - I removed a couple yesterday. I think Kingy may be on holiday? Or maybe is having troubles at work again keeping him busy?

However, I think the Mary Celeste had signs of life (food in the hold, that sort of thing) compared to here...
Bonsoir. Smile

Sorry chaps. Had a very busy few months. Not on hols and wont be having one for a while. Sent Yaz and the kids to New York so they could get a break but I stayed here.

Brief timeline ...

Sep '16 - Mum diagnose with cancer. Two ops and months of radiotherapy and she is hopefully clear.

Jan '17 - My Dad diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour. He was given 9 to 14 months max if all went well.
Mar - Dad had eight hours of awake brain surgery. 90% of tumour gone. Gave us all false hope.
Apr - Dad suffered from temperal seizures. Stopped him eating and meant he couldn't have radio/ chemo.
May to July - Dad in Christies as inpatient. He hated it.
Jul - Dad transferred to Salford Royal to try and control seizures and then hopefully get him home for a while.

We lost dad on 24th July. We never did manage to get him home.

Whilst Dad was well enough I sorted out everything he wanted to be done. One important decision was that we started the company together and we would finish it together.
I've sold most of the machinery and put the building up for sale. Have a few more bits to sell which I'll try and sort at weekends.

To keep me busy I got a new job which I started on 1st August. I'm now out visiting bike dealers selling push bikes into a companies existing dealer network. The company is Tandem Group PLC and they manufacture Dawes, Claud Butler, British Eagle and Squish lightweight kids bikes. The company have taken a bit of a risk with me as I'm not from the bike industry, but for me its a good laugh and has got me into an industry I'm really interested in. I had a few job offers in packaging industry, and was asked to keep the company going, but fancied a change and also fancied working for someone else for a while.  

So, its been a torrid few months for us!
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Sorry to hear about all your bad news matey.

Must have been a real bad period.

Well done for not letting it get you down.

Onwards and upwards. Best of luck with your new position.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Sorry to hear it's not been a good couple of months. If there's owt we can do to help do let us know. I hope the new job continues going ok and you can find some time to rest at some point.
Condolences from Judy (BB) and myself.

Crazy/brave/touching thing to end business together.

Best of luck with the new venture, any trikes with a basket on the front to carry shampoo, scissors, dryer etc?
Horrid start to the year for you all matey.

I send my condolences to you and all your family.

As for the new Job !! if it means you talking bull all day drinking coffee and tea then you'll fit in really well Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Cheers. Appreciate the kind words.

I was really close to my Dad - Not just because he was my Dad but we worked together for 26 years and the last ten saw us become pretty much best mates in many respects as my Dad wound down at work with me taking over completely and with us going to football and Thursday night cheeky drinks and cards sessions. I'd sort of processed that he only had a year 'ish' left, but to lose him much sooner was a hard thing to accept. Especially as he had no quality of life for the last few months. But, as shit as it is - that's life and we made sure we were with him every single day he was in hospital. He was never alone.

It's still pretty tough but I'm being kept busy sorting the business, probate and inheritance tax, private medical (the list goes on) aswell as trying to get established in the new job.

Ghost - Pmsl. A nice stepthrough e-bike with basket (heritage style) in baby blue or plush pink would fit the bill Wink

JJ - You have me bang to rights. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Still here. Not too often though. This work milarkey is no fun Wink  Big Grin 

Getting the hang of the job now and so the amount of hours and work required are dropping a lot ... which is nice. 
Sales now starting to roll in nicely ... which is also rather good. 

Just (this evening) sold the last big machine out of the factory along with a few other bits (which has been a challenge whilst trying to sort the new job/ probate/ cars etc etc) so that's a weight off my shoulders - assuming the money gets transferred tomorrow. 

Hope you lot are good.
Great to hear that things are progressing. The very best of luck to you.