Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE WANDERER RETURNS.....
Hi there peeps....well I/we are back home again after 4 weeks in beautiful Crete.  Had a fantastic time, the island is lovely.....interesting, lots of historicals to look around.....great scenery.....very mountainous...great food and nice people.  We had a rental car for the 4 weeks and clocked up 2400kms.  If anyone is considering going I/we can thoroughly recommend it.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Nice one Rog. Sounds a great place to spend a few weeks. Have never been so will keep it in mind for when I get some 'proper' holidays. Smile

Think everyone else must be on holiday because hardly any of the buggers are posting nowadays! Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Welcome back Roger. Sounds like you had a good time Smile Where is your next jolly?
Nice one Roger, you sure is getting out and about.

I know Kingy, I must admit I haven't had much to say for myself even though I have been to fort william and Bath I just can't seem to find the time to right up some reports. I think I must have a spot of writers block Sad
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Kingy...it's a lovely place....sun, sand, warm sea and snow peaked mountains in the north but just as mountainous with no snow further south. Petrol is stupid expensive 1.50-1.75 euro per ltr. Food is average and eating out is either cheap or however expensive you choose to make it. For instance we found a lovely isolated bay, great beach and a new taverna. Greek salad, a couple of other courses and a couple of beers was 12 euro. In the touristy areas that would hit you for around 25 euro.

Next jolly........not sure but a few days at Malvern and a few more later on at Barmouth might be in the planning. If we do Barmouth I'd like to take a look at the nearby mtb center....although for the 'family' trail not the mad red/black ones....

Anyway good to be back but always looking towards the next ........up up and away.......
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Been to Crete twice now.

Loved it.

Shall definitely go back and do more exploring.

Although the wifes favourite is Santorini.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Yogi....you're right it's great for exploring. We did a lovely gorge walk/climb/scramble then late lunch at a restraunt at the head of the gorge. Then another day we did another gorge...too hot.....difficult going over boulders etc, got lost for about 45 mins-1 hour....not funny in 40+ degrees but hey if you don't try these things.....
Bottom line....we did 4 weeks and would go back again for 4+ weeks.