Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elapsed MOT
Is there such a thing as a mobile bike mot'er not been able to access the bikes for over a year so the mot's have elapsed. Currently they are sorned don't really want to be riding them while they are sorned and mot'less.
The alternative is van hire or having them picked up which will obviously cost a bomb.
If you book an MOT you can legally drive/ ride to it even if the vehicle is SORN / without current MOT. You have to be travelling straight to a pre-booked MOT though (and have proof of that if stopped). Only problem is that you do need insurance so would either need cover pin place, a day policy or trade plates.

https://www.gov.uk/sorn-statutory-off-ro...n/overview

Worth asking anywhere you phone if they collect as most have vans for deliveries and might operate a collection service or agree a good price if their van is out and about. Probably cheaper than getting insurance if it's not inplace.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I'm insured on both bikes, just no tax or mot's i'l ring round and see what I can sort. Cheers Paul