Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deezer (Music) 99p for 3 months - Ends 31/7/17
Never tried Deezer, but it's supposed to be very good. 

If you want to try something which isn't Spotify, or miss that offer then Deezer is available for a 3 month trial for 99p. 

http://www.deezer.com/offers/offer-2017
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I've never heard of Deezer - but then I'm very much out of touch with what you young people are into these days. Back in my day we had Limewire and you were grateful if you only heard Bill Clinton denying relations with a woman twice in a night...
(06-21-2017, 11:27 AM)FraserG Wrote: I've never heard of Deezer - but then I'm very much out of touch with what you young people are into these days. Back in my day we had Limewire and you were grateful if you only heard Bill Clinton denying relations with a woman twice in a night...

Big Grin

Here is a bit of info about them. They are that good they have become an official 'music partner' for .....

Quote:MANCHESTER UNITED UNVEILS DEEZER AS EXCLUSIVE MUSIC STREAMING PARTNER
• Club's first partnership in digital music streaming
• United players feature in video to celebrate deal

(NYSE:MANU) Manchester United has today announced a ground-breaking new partnership with Deezer, one of the world’s leading digital music platforms.

The arrival of the club’s first Official Audio Streaming Partner has been celebrated by United players, along with legend Rio Ferdinand, sharing their passion for a variety of musical genres in a video being released today. 

As a global partner, Deezer will enhance the user experience on Manchester United channels, with fans able to access more than 43 million tracks and 40,000 pieces of broader audio content such as podcasts

United fans will also be able to experience the service’s signature feature, ‘Flow’, which automatically gives each user a personal soundtrack, put together by a combination of Deezer’s in-house musical curators as well as algorithmic data.

Today’s video brings to life how music can help modern footballers focus, work and relax. It stars Jesse Lingard, Paul Pogba, Morgan Schneiderlin and Ashley Young, along with club legend and six-time Premier League title winner Rio Ferdinand.

In addition to the film, United’s fans can expect to see player playlists, hear match day playlists when at Old Trafford and experience integration between the Manchester United website and Deezer apps.

Manchester United Group Managing Director Richard Arnold comments:

“This is an exciting partnership for us and Deezer. Music and sport have the power to bring people together, something we experience first-hand with the appeal of football and the unique passion for Manchester United. As Deezer is also an innovator and an industry leader, we look forward to providing our fans around the world with a new way to interact with the Club they love through music and digital media.”

Deezer’s Chief Executive Officer Hans-Holger Albrecht comments:

“We are thrilled to be collaborating with one of the most recognised football teams in the world to give fans that are both hugely passionate about music and football access to compelling, entertaining and innovative content. We look forward to continuing to build our relationship with Manchester United over the next few years and to delivering what we believe will be the very best user experience.”

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Featur...rtner.aspx

..... I knew that would impress you !  Wink Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
No wonder I've never heard of them!

On a serious note - what use is it to MU to have a partner audio app? What do they get out of this? All I see from that report is that Deezer get increased users by partnering with MU but only offer music. Will they begin to offer commentary of live games to users that can't make the game? Or is it simply being able to see what music Rio likes to listen to? Where's the benefit to MU of this?
Money. Pure and simple. And LOTS of it.

Deezer will be paying a hefty price for the privilege of being associated with Manchester United and their worldwide fanbase. Like you, I'd never heard of Deezer before. Tapping into the United brand will change that. It's a business and marketing beast and was, this year named the most valuable football team in the world. Evidently worth £2.86 billion - up 11% on last year which saw them move past Barcelona and Real Madrid. And that's without Champions League which they are in next year - so mainly down to brand and marketing acumen.   

Fans wise, this was a survey done in 2012. Things have changed (grown) dramatically since then when United only had 659 million followers  Wink  ...

Quote:New international survey finds 19-times English champions have 659 million followers
The largest global football follower survey ever conducted has today named Manchester United the world’s most popular club, with 659 million followers worldwide.
The survey was carried out by leading market research agency, Kantar, and gathered 54,000 respondents from 39 countries. The club that Forbes recently named the most valuable in world sport was identified as the favourite team of 659 million followers around the world. Kantar found that football remains the world’s most popular sport, with 1.6 billion followers globally, reinforcing the results of a recent FIFA survey which produced a similar figure.
Richard Arnold, the club's Commercial Director, commented on the long-term strategy that has made Manchester United the number one club in the world’s number one sport:
"Manchester United has built on a tradition of iconic players, iconic teams and iconic achievements – Beckham, Busby, Benfica ’68. Now our games are broadcast to 1.15 billion households globally, to an audience of over four billion a year.[

/quote]
So when are they going to start buying back their trophies? Or will Leicester not sell for less than £3bn? Tongue

I guess if Deezer can afford the money to be associated then it'll help drive their business, but I can't imagine it being a cheap process. Fingers crossed it pays off, otherwise that's a lot of money down the drain.
Oy buggerlugs ... We won a friendly (Charity shield) which doesn't count but needs polishing (Wink) and two genuine trophies this season ... League Cup and Europa Cup. Thats not been a bad first season for Maureen. Smile Next season is the real test though.

I think Deezer are huge in other countries but need exposure in the UK and elsewhere, hence the link up with United. And believe me - there are enough mindless pillocks around the UK and the World who WILL take a Deezer sub just because it's United. Proper sad sheep.
(06-25-2017, 07:06 PM)Kingy Wrote: Oy buggerlugs ... We won a friendly (Charity shield) which doesn't count but needs polishing (Wink) and two genuine trophies this season ... League Cup and Europa Cup. Thats not been a bad first season for Maureen. Smile Next season is the real test though.

When you say charity shield, does that mean the other team gave it to United because they felt United needed the charity?

I'm guessing Maureen is doing a better job than whats-his-face that replaced Fergie based solely on the fact that I haven't heard of them! When thingy-ma-jig was doing it, despite not following football, I was able to see news about him most of the time with his poor performances, so they must be doing better than him on that basis alone!
(06-26-2017, 08:53 AM)FraserG Wrote: When you say charity shield, does that mean the other team gave it to United because they felt United needed the charity?

I'm guessing Maureen is doing a better job than whats-his-face that replaced Fergie based solely on the fact that I haven't heard of them! When thingy-ma-jig was doing it, despite not following football, I was able to see news about him most of the time with his poor performances, so they must be doing better than him on that basis alone!

Ha ha. Not far wrong there with the Charity Shield!  Tongue ... Technically it's now been renamed the 'Community Shield' as we are in the touchy feely era of community in the glass tower minds of the incredibly rich FA dickheads involved in the upper tiers of football. The truth is that it's a pre - season friendly between the winners of the Premier League and the winners of the FA Cup. No one takes it seriously and no one wants to get players injured - so it's just a farsical showpiece for TV that doesn't count as a trophy. 

And yes, Maureen is doing ok. He has replaced Van Gaals hypnotic sleep inducing football with something that has often been exciting to watch. That came as quite a shock. We had to stop playing cards at the game to entertain ourselves and actually start watching the football!  Big Grin Big Grin . It tailed off toward the end of the season as he threw the league in favour of gambling on the Europa League to qualify for Champions League this season - but otherwise was very good.  Cool 

Here endeth todays lesson on being a modern football fan and accepting you don't matter as it's all about the money.  Wink
Deezer is very good. I tried it for a couple of years when it was half price.

Then they tried to sting me for £120 so I cancelled it.

You can stream just about any music to your phone or pc/laptop and was very handy to use with my Sonos speakers.

Also saved you money as you could listen to new material before deciding to buy it.

Is there any player that is not being linked with a transfer to Man U ??
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember