Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Busy weekend
Wow I bet everyone must have been busy this weekend with the lack of new posts (again)

I'll start by saying I have still been going down to the pond local to me at 7.30am for a spot of bird watching and I'm now on 68 different species of birds Smile

Are you still awake ?????

If you are then on Saturday evening we went out for a meal with the outlaws for their 50th wedding anniversary.

Sunday was more early twitching then the rest of the day doing nothing but sitting around doing my shoulder exercises (after my terrible mountain bike accident) and taking the painkillers and sulking.

Right you next ??
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
I spent Saturday doing the bike maintenance (chain, oil, etc.) and preparing to release some software. Went to see the Beauty and the Beast live-action film in the cinema in the evening which was quite good.

Sunday was spent bug fixing on the released software (released for testing so fixing bug reports as they came in rather than let them build up) and playing the playstation with a take away for dinner.

My non-racing weekends are not overly filled with action.... Tongue
Will fill you in on what I'm upto as soon as I can. Bad news at home is keeping me busy. Not got the time to share what it is just at the moment.

Saturday was spent fitting CCTV at the factory on my own. Baptism of fire as I've never even seen once upclose before, but 7 hours later had everything installed and two cameras working. The third is now (as of this morning) active and the last one should be done tonight or in the morning. Biggest job was getting the wiring inplace as one run was 200ft. Have it linked to my mobile so I can see everything from anywhere.

Sunday - up at the folks with the kids.

I live a rock n' roll lifestyle! Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(03-20-2017, 03:16 PM)Kingy Wrote: Will fill you in on what I'm upto as soon as I can. Bad news at home is keeping me busy. Not got the time to share what it is just at the moment.

Hope it's nothing too serious Kingy. Let us know if we can be of any help. We can cheer, clap, and lick windows like Olympians if that's of any use to you :-)
Ha ha. Sadly not (help) Fraser, but the thought is very appreciated. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Didn't know you were a 'twitcher' JJ.......Mrs R and me have sort of slipped into being more observant since we have ventured out more after she retired. Although interested we don't keep a list of those we spot. Interestingly we've started getting more and more red kites around here, had lesser/greater and spotted woodpeckers in the garden....loads of blue/great and long tailed tits, gold finch, wren and the usual blackbirds etc....along with a squirrel regularly visiting it's interesting and relaxing to sit in the garden log cabin and just watch and chill.....oh and our wildlife pond is shimmering with tadpoles.

Spent a few days in Cheddar last week....lovely site with a pitch right next to the river. Did a few miles cycling to Axbridge, strolled back via the huuuuuge reservoir and next day a walk to the caves and gorge...so all in all a bit of new scenery, a bit if exercise ....and of course the obligatory 6pm G&T's.

As for you Kingy........bad news at home? Now that sounds not nice....hope it's not too bad.....fingers crossed for you mate.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Saturday:
Nurse hangover
Fitted a part to a tenants boiler
mended mums shower door
painted kitchen wall
repaired hole in another wall
Mcdonalds
went with youngest son Harry to see him play his first gig on drums at the Shirebrook miners welfare (he nailed it, very proud)
sleep

Sunday:
22mile run out on the push iron, followed by cleaning oiling etc.
bacon and mushroom butty (my favourite at the moment)
painted wall again
watched Man U beat Middlesboro
more paint
filled hole in wall
fetched cctv camera from friend in Sheffield
dirty takeaway kebab
pissed about with camera and failed in set up.
edited gig video and uploaded to youtube
watched new top gear on iplayer (like it better than the original)
sleep and then back to the day job for a rest.
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Currently on nightshift.
After arriving here at 6am this morning.
Don't ever employ people.
Just.
Not.
Worth.
The.
Hassle.
Too.
Many.
Cnuts.
Smile
Sorry to hear bad news at home Kingy :-(
Thanks all. I'll update you in a while.