Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any advice?
Well done. Smile
I've never (on motorbike or mountain bike) found brake pistons that didn't need more persuading than "finger pressure" so don't worry about that.

If the new brakes squeek then remember to give them a good spray of wd40 Wink

......... And despite how utterly stupid ^^ that obviously is we have had an employee do that to stop the noise the disc brake on a machine at work was making. He then wondered why he lost all control of the machine as the pads could no longer stop the disc! FFS!
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
There is a bit of squeaking when the wheel turns but not as bad as it was last week, I'm assuming this is just the pads bedding in (the wheel turns happily enough). But if it persists I of course wouldn't be foolish enough to use WD40. I kept some grease back as a just in case... Wink

(02-27-2017, 11:55 AM)Kingy Wrote: ......... And despite how utterly stupid ^^ that obviously is we have had an employee do that to stop the noise the disc brake on a machine at work was making. He then wondered why he lost all control of the machine as the pads could no longer stop the disc! FFS!

I hope you took away his reproducing licence? Or at least his right to maintain the machines??
Well done Fraser in your brake repair quest.

I do hope your partner was there watching you and blowing the whistle at you if you was doing anything wrong Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(02-27-2017, 03:43 PM)jollyjoiner Wrote: I do hope your partner was there watching you and blowing the whistle at you if you was doing anything wrong Smile

Haha I don't even have a whistle anymore, it got lost in the last move Sad I should buy another one for *reasons*... Tongue
(02-27-2017, 05:04 PM)FraserG Wrote:
(02-27-2017, 03:43 PM)jollyjoiner Wrote: I do hope your partner was there watching you and blowing the whistle at you if you was doing anything wrong Smile

Haha I don't even have a whistle anymore, it got lost in the last move Sad I should buy another one for *reasons*... Tongue

Fraser without a whistle ??? nooooooooooooooooooooo

Get one bought Tongue
Well done FG....done the professional way I see.....job completed with the requisite amount of swearing, bashing and banging.. Big Grin
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
(02-28-2017, 03:10 PM)jollyjoiner Wrote: Fraser without a whistle ??? nooooooooooooooooooooo

Get one bought Tongue

I keep asking for one but there always seems to be a reason against me having it..... Not sure what it is.....

(03-01-2017, 12:09 AM)RogerC Wrote: Well done FG....done the professional way I see.....job completed with the requisite amount of swearing, bashing and banging.. Big Grin

I was worried I would be under the target at one stage so threw a few expletives around the garage when I dropped the screwdriver for the umpteenth time trying to push the piston in which I think brought it up to the target Big Grin
I can see us all chipping in and buying you one and just send it to your house lol