Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football linked to brain damage
Ok, so clickbait title to get certain people in the thread Tongue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38971750

New report by the BBC following an anecdotal study that links 'heading footballs' to an increased chance of dementia in footballers. This may go some way to explaining why some of them are as thick as they are - it's literally one too many balls to the head! As a study, using anecdotal evidence isn't overly compelling though no doubt they've done some fancy stats to justify their claim. Will be interesting to see what (if any) proper follow-up study has to say on the subject.
(02-15-2017, 09:48 AM)FraserG Wrote: it's literally one too many balls to the head!

Isn't that called 'tea-bagging' ?  Wink 

With regards to the study ^^ it all stems from the dicks over in the US of A who play 'soccer' and have had to pay out lawsuits. They have introduced a mandate on under 12's with regards to heading the ball. (Ie. They can't). Our English PFA have jumped on the bandwagon because they need to justify their ridiculous wages by getting some news time. The FA isn't considering any ban (when they looked into this back in November 2015). 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016...ildren-10/

Load of balls if you ask me.  Tongue

I've played football and headed the ball and I'm alright. Innit. Who you looking at. Want a fight? Ooooh my head hurts.  Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
As you 'might' just be aware....poofball isn't exactly top of my list of interests .....but this is feckin ridiculous. Another case of 'scientists' spouting bollox like they do over the dangers of butter, wine etc......it's bad for you....then it's good for you....no wait a minute it's.....what is it???. They don't know their arse from their elbow.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
(02-15-2017, 11:50 AM)Kingy Wrote: I've played football and headed the ball and been tea bagging with some of my gay footballing mates and I'm alright. Innit. Who you looking at. Want a fight? Ooooh my head hurts.  Big Grin

Hahahahaha
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(02-15-2017, 02:49 PM)JollyTeabagger Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 11:50 AM)Kingy Wrote: I've played football and headed the ball and been tea bagging with some of my gay footballing mates and I'm alright. Innit. Who you looking at. Want a fight? Ooooh my head hurts.  Big Grin

Hahahahaha

Ha ha ha ha  Big Grin

.... Rightback at ya  Wink Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(02-15-2017, 05:07 PM)Kingy Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 02:49 PM)JollyTeabagger Wrote:

Hahahahaha

Ha ha ha ha  Big Grin

.... Rightback at ya  Wink Tongue

Hahaha funny fooker lol
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Don't reckon all them overpaid primas' are brain damaged. Just seen that that there Rooney bloke has a 'pad' in the Caribbean you can rent for £8000 'a feckin week'!!!!! Now that's seriously serious silly money........seem to me the guys head is doing fine thank you as well as his bank balance.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.