Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Broadband? (Thinking of changing)
(02-13-2017, 08:32 PM)speedylovesDeadpool Wrote: Just give your hand a rest for a while and your download would reduce to a few gb a month!

Arf!  Big Grin

(02-13-2017, 10:11 PM)Yogi Wrote: I have unlimited fibre large with Zen.

It's OK but not noticably any better than the previous. provider talktalk

The one time I had cause to ring support, they were very helpfull, I could understand what they said (which helps) but I ended up finding and fixing the problem myself.

I don't like the fact that they don't include mobile minutes in the plan.

As Gert, keeps ringing our eldest at Uni, on the landline instead of her mobile. It bumps the bill right up.

No caller display either.

I'm going to try plusnet in April when the current contract expires.

We are with Zen (ADSL) at work. I won't move from them as their support was nothing short of amazing with a significant problem we had. EE/Orange washed their hands of us and their Indian call centre was useless. We kept getting broadband dropouts - sometimes for days. Left EE and went with Zen. The issue went for a month or so then was back again. BT tried to blame it on our machinery, but Zen insisted it wasn't. It took about 3 months to resolve and we had to put up with BT bellends turning up with AM radios and spectral analyzers demanding we stopped and started machinery so they could listen for 'noise' issues. Throughout this Zen kept insisting on a resolution and eventually BT agreed to a 'lift and shift' at the exchange and new cabling from the nearest box to our premises. I'm 100% certain that without Zen pushing this all the way we would have been left high and dry. 

I'm looking at Plusnet, but I'm quite concerned with their traffic management which is always active. (They prioritise your personal / household traffic according to their agenda). Price wise they are cheapest (alongside Sky with their 'reduced customer offers'), but in both cases they appear to have usage policies hidden away in smallprint. (As does BT Infinity 1 with 25 gig and 45 gig 'fair usage' caps many folk may not be aware of).

I have a feeling I may end up staying with BT on my current Infinity 2 plan (better the devil) or moving to Zen as, whilst I won't see any improvement in speed, I will def have no concerns over traffic management or throttling. 

And Yogi - I know what you mean about using landline minutes. It's ridiculously expensive nowadays. Yaz uses the landline when she has free minutes on her mobile which go unused every month. I'm one step away form taking the landline phones out of the house to stop her making calls as we only really need the landline for BB anyway!
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Broadband? (Thinking of changing) - Kingy - 02-14-2017, 08:26 AM