Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Broadband? (Thinking of changing)
(02-13-2017, 05:44 PM)speedylovesDeadpool Wrote: Not had any issues with them since swapping, download and upload speeds are reasonable (30 for download) so all good for streaming etc.  I pay £20 a month for unlimited broadband which seems competitive to me plus it just makes things easier as tv etc is all with Sky.

We do have Sky (TV). I never use it but Yaz likes the series link element of it as she can't get her head around recording on the SAT box. (It's pretty much identical, but there you go). 
At present we have the basic TV package free for a year as that covers what Yaz requires. 
I cancelled Sky a few months ago and before I got round to stripping the box out they came on with offers, eventually offering 12 months for £0.00 - So we (Yaz) accepted that.  Tongue 

So it would be easy to add Sky Broadband / Phone line to the 'package' - which is why I'l probably speak to them and see what they can offer. I had a quick look earlier and Sky Fibre Unlimited is on offer at £30 a month (18 month contract) which includes line rental. That's the 34mb download though. I'd prefer the 'MAX' (60mb downloads) at £35 a month but computer says no - so it would mean a mind numbing time wasting death inducing phone call to Sky. 

What does bother me though is that despite saying 'Unlimited', the smallprint does say ...

Sky Fibre, Sky Fibre Unlimited & Sky Fibre Max: Availability subject to location and survey. £50 standard fibre activation fee. Maximum home download speeds: Sky Fibre and Sky Fibre Unlimited - up to 38Mb; Sky Fibre Max - up to 76Mb. Speeds vary by location. Sky Fibre monthly usage – 25GB.

... The bit I'm concerned about is "Sky Fibre monthly usage - 25GB". Which is fook all use. So that would need to be questioned as it may be part of a 'fair usage policy' which then results in 'traffic management' or 'throttling'. 
As we use (on average) over fifteen times more data per month any monthly usage limits like that would be spent in the first two days!  Rolleyes Then we would be in buffering hell.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Broadband? (Thinking of changing) - Kingy - 02-13-2017, 06:03 PM