Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had my OP
Glad it's progressing well and agree that despite how annoying it is you need to try and be patient and avoid one step forward and three back.

I really do understand your frustration as those lovely old dears will be off getting (blue) rinsed at someone else's hand Wink Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Like the guys said pity about the sling JJ.....still once it's done and sorted you'll be up, about and fit enough to go break something else..... Tongue

Seriously though....hope you're up and about better soon.....
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
As everyone has said JJ, shame about the sling but better to be safe than sorry.

Its miserable out there anyway, hopefully once the sling is off the sun will be shining and the trails dry and dusty again (we can all hope!)
Hope the trip to the surgeon went well today dickbrain.

Only another week in the sling - then you can let it all hang free. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(03-07-2017, 05:48 PM)Kingy Wrote: Hope the trip to the surgeon went well today dickbrain.

Only another week in the sling - then you can let it all hang free. Smile

All went well this afternoon pal, arm now out of sling, I only need to put it back in it if I'm out in a busy place with loads of folk about so I don't get it knocked.

Got to carry on doing the stretching exercises until I see the physio again on Wed next week.

Still not allowed to use it much, just start slowly and lightly as I can't lift my arm much at all at the moment as all the muscles are now sore and painful.
But it's a step closer to recovery so I'll soon be back out on two wheels again Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
just start slowly and lightly.............hehe now where have I heard that before?
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
@ Roger - Ha ha. Like it.  Big Grin

Great news about not needing the sling all of the time. You are obviously recovering very well. Won't be long now mate.  Cool
(03-07-2017, 09:19 PM)RogerC Wrote: just start slowly and lightly.............hehe now where have I heard that before?

I don't know what you mean Roger hahahaha
(03-08-2017, 07:24 AM)Kingy Wrote: @ Roger - Ha ha. Like it.  Big Grin

Great news about not needing the sling all of the time. You are obviously recovering very well. Won't be long now mate.  Cool

Cheers mate.

Slept last night without sling on and arm and shoulder aching this morning, looks like something else to get used to now lol

Looks like I'll be back on the painkillers for a while again now
Just come back from seeing Physio again at Hospital. Been out the sling for 3 weeks now and 9 weeks tomorrow since the op, .

Rotational movement is slowly coming back in shoulder but it's a slow job. Still not got full movement but it is getting there.

I can now start with some very slight strength exercises and the physio has said he will see me once a week instead of the once a fortnight to concentrate on the rotation movement.

Still on the painkillers to take the edge off the aching and pain when stretching.

So they are saying 12 weeks after op before returning to my usual works even though I may still be needing to do my exercises.

After that the strength should come back and get better month after month and could be as much as 12 months before full fitness.

There is also the chance I don't get the full movement back, in which case I will just have to live with it.