Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had my OP
Hope its all looking good tomorrow mate.

Bumped into a lad with a Scott E-Bike on our ride yesterday. Just about to go down Roych Clough descent. Big fat belly on him and making 1001 excuses about how they are great on hills but really hard work on downhills due to the weight. He quoted 50kgs which I assume included his pies as they are (looking at specs usually half that - 50Ibs / 24 kgs). Whilst I appreciate you do need to give consideration to the extra weight (or you could go over the bars Wink ), I think his issue was more fitness and ability than the bike. Oh, and it was a Scott and it looked shite. Another colour scheme that looked to have been designed by a blind man with a load of spray cans.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Cheers mate.

Mine is a hard tail with 140mm travel up front and I think is 20kg. Mine has gone down hill quite well due to the added weight and the 3.0 inch wide tyres. It was coping with the rocky decent quite well until the drop off at the bottom which I forgot about (hence the recent op) The limiting factor of the bike was me being shite on the technical stuff.

So this guy is talking out his ass blaming the bike. No shame in admitting to your limits of ability and saying I'm not going down that or doing this and just getting off.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Hows it going mate? Or do you only post updates on facebook nowadays you social media whore Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(02-23-2017, 08:42 AM)Kingy Wrote: Hows it going mate? Or do you only post updates on facebook nowadays you social media whore Wink

hehe......stick it to him Kingy....FB tramp.... :-)
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
(02-23-2017, 08:42 AM)Kingy Wrote: Hows it going mate? Or do you only post updates on facebook nowadays you social media whore Wink

With his inability to move much he's gone to farming for the likes and sympathy buttons! Tongue
(02-23-2017, 03:25 PM)FraserG Wrote: With his inability to move much he's gone to farming for the likes and sympathy buttons! Tongue

With scant regard for his loyal customers who are waiting for him to be well enough to sort their purple rinses out.  Big Grin
Hahaha your all so funny.

And no I've not put info on FB either.

Scar is healing up well but I'm still in a sling four weeks on. Back to see physio on Tuesday so hoping he gives me some exercises to do out of the sling but I'm not sure he will as they have said 6 weeks in sling with me not allowed to even lift my arm up.

I'll report back when I've seen him
Well seen the Physio again yesterday. Still got to keep the sling on but he has given me three more stretching exercises to do and will see me again in two weeks.

Still not allowed to lift my arm up un aided so all the exercises are with the aid my good arm Sad

He's saying two more weeks in the sling. He says it's a certain protocol they have to follow which allows my bodies cells to grow scar tissue over the artificial ligament, and if pushed too fast it can set me back so it's just a case of waiting and doing as I'm told for once.

Next visit will be to see the surgeon next Tuesday, this will be five and a half weeks since the op.
It would be good if he was to say I could ditch the sling then. I would then feel like it's getting somewhere and when I can get to drive again I can get myself out and about more.
It's a shame the sling has to say but as you say JJ it's better another couple of weeks with it than a year of problems by being set back. Hopefully you'll be able to remove it next time. Fingers crossed the surgeon visit goes well. It must be frustrating being unable to drive.

How do you carry all your shampoos in a carrier bag for your customers??
(03-01-2017, 09:43 AM)FraserG Wrote: It's a shame the sling has to say but as you say JJ it's better another couple of weeks with it than a year of problems by being set back. Hopefully you'll be able to remove it next time. Fingers crossed the surgeon visit goes well. It must be frustrating being unable to drive.

How do you carry all your shampoos in a carrier bag for your customers??

Cheers mate, yes it's a nightmare not being able to get about on my own.

And all my blue rinses are on hold Tongue