Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had my OP
Well I'll have to make this brief because my head is not quite clear.

Had my operation on Friday to repair my collar bone AC joint. It was secured back down with a Lars ligament.

What a horrible op that was, firstly with them having to find the arms nerves in your neck and block them with anesthetic while your awake. This numbs your arm for 24 hours so when I came out after the op I felt hardly any pain at all but also couldn't move my arm as it was numb.

By 3am Saturday morning the arm was mine again but then so was the pain which was horrendous and i was buzzing for pain relief .

Came out of Hospital late Saturday afternoon and I'm now at home, arm in sling for 6 weeks and on Tramadol  and paracetamol which takes the edge off the pain but sends my so muzzy headed and groggy i'm away with the fairies Angel 

Everyone I've spoken to that has had a shoulder op say the same thing that the pain is the worst they have felt.  (GREAT) Sad 

So I hope this is now the road to recovery and hope to be back at work or on a bike again in about 8 to 10 weeks Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Glad it's gone well mate and hope you have had the worst of the pain. At least every week is a week closer to full recovery now.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Cheers mate, yes each day should lead to getting closer to mending
Just make sure you use the other arm for any important business you need to attend to JJ. Hope you have a good recovery and the pain wears off quickly.
He now has a tattoo on each arm to make sure he uses each arm correctly ....

Pleasure / Pain.

Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
What if pain is his pleasure? Tongue
(02-01-2017, 01:31 PM)FraserG Wrote: What if pain is his pleasure? Tongue

Then he just rides a bike again as it's inevitable it will end in pain  Wink Tongue
All the best mate....you're certainly getting your monies worth out of the NHS....seriously though here's wishing you a speedy recovery.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Thanks guys.........I think lol
Back at Hospital tomorrow for my first follow up appointment with the surgeon.

Will be glad to get this larges dressing off to and see if its healing up ok.

Then it's back again a week on Tuesday to see the physio.

At least thats one week gone of the 6 weeks in a sling Smile