Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome back fellow Monkeys and Spammers ...
Give me a month or three with it and I'll give you an honest appraisal of what it can do. I've either just scratched the surface over the last week, or it's a pile of shite.  Big Grin
Like you, I didn't listen to music that much. Car and phone when in the shower was about it. I'm now finding I chill in the front room reading or just relaxing with music and a drink. May not last but it's quite enjoyable now and again. 

With the echo I'm also looking at other things it can control - like the Philips Hue Lights. The idea is I'll have the echo downstairs and a 'dot' upstairs and aswell as the stuff I've also mentioned I'll be using them to control lights, heating, alarms (as in wake up, not security), some sockets for equipment and once I've got some more kit - turn the tv/stereo/ Sat/ Kodi etc. on/off using the harmony remote/bridge equipment. The cost of the kit involved and the fact I like tinkering means it's an ongoing 'tinkering' project rather than just splash the cash and get it all set up immediately. 

Oh, and did I mention that I bought the Echo as a Christmas present ... for Yaz.  Big Grin Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome back fellow Monkeys and Spammers ... - Kingy - 01-04-2017, 07:27 AM