Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome back fellow Monkeys and Spammers ...
So much for the slowly slowly plan.  Tongue

Now have Philips Hue lights (with bridge) set up - so we can control lights by voice. Just have it set up in the lounge and bedroom for now to get used to it. Can see it being really good though. Not just from a perspective of voice activated lights, but also because you can set the lights to come on and go off to a schedule. So when away we could have a light on downstairs from a pre determined time until Eg. 11pm. Upstairs light comes on at 10.45pm, then downstairs switches off with upstairs following 30 mins later. Gives the impression of someone being home. You can have as many of these 'activities' as you like, so could have times changing each day giving the appearance to anyone being nosey that you really are at home. 

Have ordered a Harmony Hub which should arrive this week. Once set up using my phone and the Harmony app. Alexa should be able to control all AV equipment - so we should be able to turn tv on or start up Amazon Fire TV / Sky / Satellite etc. This will make a handful of remotes currently required pretty much redundant. Well, that's the plan anyway. We will soon see if it works or not.  Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(01-05-2017, 10:04 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Your a fecking martyr to pain

Big Grin
Update in the Samsung S3 Frontier watch.

Sooooo much fun! Very practical at work. Saves carrying the mobile as I can see emails as they land and take calls if necessary through the watch, or send auto responses if I don't want to (or can't) speak to the caller. Saved me a run upto the office when I was working on a machine earlier today.

I've been comparing it against Garmin, Mio and TomTom for accuracy on the bike and running. The results are very impressive. It's within .05 of a mile (max) difference - which can happen with any of them. The data available on the watch is impressive (with more on the phone app) and it auto uploads (within 12 hours or so) to Strava if you link accounts. You can speed this up if you want as it generated a gpx file that you can manually upload.

Have also downloaded Samsung Gear Watch Designer and registered as a designer. This means I can get my hands on all of the watchfaces available anywhere. An example of sites you can get them from is here: http://www.watchfaces.be/
Today I'm wearing Rolex Submariner ... Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
You technocrat you....I looked at one of those to wear instead of my Breitling every day but couldn't see me using it to it's full so ended up with a nice digi/analogue Pulsar....cheapish and cheerful...well if £125 is cheap....hehe

You might want to take a look on 'tinternet about those 'copy' faces. It looks like the makers of the real thing are looking into legal ways of stopping the practice claiming either copyright or intellectual property......
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
(01-12-2017, 10:04 PM)RogerC Wrote: You technocrat you....I looked at one of those to wear instead of my Breitling every day but couldn't see me using it to it's full so ended up with a nice digi/analogue Pulsar....cheapish and cheerful...well if £125 is cheap....hehe

You might want to take a look on 'tinternet about those 'copy' faces.  It looks like the makers of the real thing are looking into legal ways of stopping the practice claiming either copyright or intellectual property......

I've got a few 'conventional' watches and a multi-watch winder to keep them wound and running. My favourite is my Omega Seamaster. Can just sit and look at that. It's a classic work of art. 

The 'copy faces' have been taken off the re-selling sites and the official Samsung app. Even some that don't have the brand name on the face. That's why I went down the developer road as that allows free reign over what I design and put on the watch. I'm currently running a Breitling face and it looks mint.   Big Grin  I just love tinkering with stuff like this.  Cool
Update on the Amazon Echo Smart Home start up.

We now have voice control of the heating (using Tado), lights (using Philips Hue) and as of today the tv with any of ... sat box, sky box or Amazon fire tv box (plus the amp) using logitech harmony hub. 

I'm now programming 'activities' through the hub - which are straightforward once you set it up. Eg. I say "Alexa, Turn Sky on" and that triggers the TV, Sky Box and Amp (for sound) ... and (time dependent) switches a light on too. No need to bugger about with remotes anymore.

So far I've got the same activities to start 'FireTV' and 'Sat'. 

So cool  Cool
Bonkers....................................................................................................hehe
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
(01-13-2017, 09:04 PM)RogerC Wrote: Bonkers....................................................................................................hehe

Ha ha. Yaz certainly thinks so.  Big Grin 

Well, right up until earlier tonight when she wanted to watch (fecking) Emmerdale. She said "Alexa turn on SkyTV" .... et Voila ... The TV, Sky Box and amp all switch on and its on ITV for (fecking) Emmerdale. Her face was a picture. It's like black magic.  Wink

At the same time "Alexa Lounge on" and the lights come on at a set 'scene' to give a nice warm feel. 

Brilliant  Cool Love this geeky shit.   Tongue