Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Man Utd line up revealed!
[Image: GqVFfau.png]
Ha ha  Big Grin

Looks like a few of the local ladies went topless for the pics too  Wink  Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Talking of your line up, Paul Pogba spelled backwards is abgop luap, which makes no sense - just like the £89m Man Utd spent on him.
'Tis mere pocket change to the United behemoth.

... whilst the fans get searched as they go in to Old Trafford to ensure they don't sneak contraband in. They aren't interested in weapons. They search (seriously, not kidding) for unauthorised drinks like bottles of coke or flasks of coffee. If it might mean you don't buy the incredibly expensive goods inside (to help fund their next mammoth buy) then it's taken off you!
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(11-08-2016, 12:23 PM)Kingy Wrote: ... whilst the fans get searched as they go in to Old Trafford to ensure they don't sneak contraband in. They aren't interested in weapons. They search (seriously, not kidding) for unauthorised drinks like bottles of coke or flasks of coffee. If it might mean you don't buy the incredibly expensive goods inside (to help fund their next mammoth buy) then it's taken off you!

And you lot keep going? Do they provide free drinks of water once inside? Forcing people to buy their water that's overpriced by removing someone's water source they've brought with them is surely against some form of human rights law!
Yep. We still keep going. It's almost tribal. Win or lose. Can't ever imagine not going (out of choice).

Water ...
Officially you are allowed to take one bottle of clear water (max 1/2 litre) ... with the top taken off (and disposed of).

The only thing is - none of the rentamob (CIS) strewards outside the turnstiles (searching you before you go in) know or care to learn what is allowed inside the ground. They just blindly try and take stuff off you. That has led to quite a few heated moments with me where I have refused to let them take my 500ml Bottle of clear water. Once I've verbally beaten them into submission I toddle into the ground, grab the top from my pocket and put the bottle back in my pocket.  Smile

It really shouldn't be like this, but this is just an example of the face of modern football for the match going fans. Disgraceful and I sincerely hope it eats itself and has to come back to the fans ... but there is no chance of that in the next decade at least. It's just far too popular.
Allowing the water is good, but without the top is running the risk of it being poisoned. Where would the stadium operators stand if someone slipped something in someones open drink that they've forced to be open?

They have a similar policy at the O2 for concerts but you can have any drink as long as it doesn't have the top (and they make you throw the top in the bin in front of them). First time I went it caught me out. Second time, I had a spare lid in my pocket (accidentally of course) that I was able to use once past the stewards.

If everyone stopped enjoying it or stopped paying the prices it'd probably change but all the time they get money out of it they aren't going to be putting it back too soon I guess Sad