Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How f'kin cold this morning!
(01-11-2017, 07:41 AM)Kingy Wrote: Not how f'kin cold this morning ... HOW F'KIN WINDY! 

Jeheesus it's blowing a gale out there.  Confused

Debris and wheely bins scattered all over the place. Was very hard going and then just to add insult to injury picked up a (front) puncture which lost time and miles.  Dodgy  Got that sorted and soldiered on but it was bloody hard work. 

Hate commuting after a night match at Old Trafford. Don't get to bed until after 11pm and so that 3.10am alarm goes off far too quickly!  

Will struggle to hit my mileage target this week as I lose two evenings (last night with football and tomorrow night with parents evening) and, just to make it more of a challenge - we have snow forecast for tomorrow.  Rolleyes FFS! Tongue

Get on the MTB this week, look at hours not mileage when temps are like this.  I enjoy the MTB far more than the road when its freezing cold.
(01-11-2017, 09:36 PM)speedymadr6 Wrote: Get on the MTB this week, look at hours not mileage when temps are like this.  I enjoy the MTB far more than the road when its freezing cold.

I will if it snows (well mtb or stick the fell shoes on and run), but otherwise the mtb is too pedestrian to commute on. I get bored with it very quickly so prefer the roady for commutes.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Well, the forecast snow hasn't arrived yet. It's still windy (though not as bad as yesterday), cold (forecast says it will feel like -3 and it does) and I had rain and sleet during the ride/commute in. That said I'm now at a respectable 91.2 miles for the three days. *If* it doesn't snow this afternoon I should just be able to squeeze 10 miles in before parents evening tonight. Otherwise I'll do them on the mtb (offroad) tomorrow. Either solo in the morning or (if the plan comes together) a night ride with Robinson. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Nailed it with a cheeky 11 miles on Thursday before parents evening. Smile
Really glad I did because I was digging the drive out (snow) this morning and it's now icy as fook and -3 so the planned night ride was cancelled to avoid a trip to A&E.
This morning it was mostly icy as a fothermucker. Brrrrrrrr.
Cold enough for ice to form on the visor and jacket in the fog this morning..... Contemplated turning round but by the time a decision was made I was at the office. Doh.
That's the spirit. Smile

Bar losing 10 mins to fit a new tube and tyre (complete flat overnight) it was nice and warm here this morning. Cooling down tonight but then the freeze is back overnight into tomorrow morning. If it hits minus degrees before midnight and holds -1 to -3 I may have to take the car. Don't want to but I had a few 'moments' on ice yesterday and if the forecast is right it's going to be a fair bit worse tomorrow early doors.
Decided to get up as normal at 3.20am and see how it looked. The road wasn't as 'furry with ice' as it was on Tuesday so I decided to ride in.

Fortunately it wasn't as icy as Tuesday. There was ice, but not as much so the roads weren't quite as bad. That said there was a strong, fookin' freezing wind. I reckon the weather app. has it right. By the time I got into wor after just over 20 miles I couldn't feel my toes or my hands ...

[Image: Screenshot_20170126-062829_zpsberjp4h1.png]

On the plus side I just need a cheeky five miles on the way home tonight and I break the 100 miles for Tues/ Wed/ Thurs.  Cool
100 miles in three days in this weather, now I know your fnuts

Same here phone says minus 2 but outside temp monitor is saying minus 3. No frost on car windows at all but like you say it seems quite windy.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(01-26-2017, 08:56 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: 100 miles in three days in this weather, now I know your fnuts

Same here phone says minus 2 but outside temp monitor is saying minus 3. No frost on car windows at all but like you say it seems quite windy.

Tongue

Most of the cars were iced over up here ... but you are close to the equator so it will be warmer there  Wink Big Grin