Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How f'kin cold this morning!
Ha ha. Cheers Rog. Hope you are well mate. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Not how f'kin cold this morning ... HOW F'KIN WINDY! 

Jeheesus it's blowing a gale out there.  Confused

Debris and wheely bins scattered all over the place. Was very hard going and then just to add insult to injury picked up a (front) puncture which lost time and miles.  Dodgy  Got that sorted and soldiered on but it was bloody hard work. 

Hate commuting after a night match at Old Trafford. Don't get to bed until after 11pm and so that 3.10am alarm goes off far too quickly!  

Will struggle to hit my mileage target this week as I lose two evenings (last night with football and tomorrow night with parents evening) and, just to make it more of a challenge - we have snow forecast for tomorrow.  Rolleyes FFS! Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Just been out to the bike to put the spare tube carrier back on the bike and it seems I got a double puncture as the rear tyre is not flat. FFS. Sad
(01-11-2017, 08:36 AM)Kingy Wrote: Just been out to the bike to put the spare tube carrier back on the bike and it seems I got a double puncture as the rear tyre is not flat. FFS. Sad

Not a good start to the day... Almost as if you're being punished for some sins last night... We've told you before that Old Trafford is a dangerous place to go, now the universe is punishing you!

Hope you have a better journey home. I'd suggest walking but you'd probably end up with 2 flat feet!
PMSL Smile 

Nearly fell asleep twice at the footie last night. All this winning is getting boring Wink (Only kidding, it's nice to watch some genuinely good football - Well, apart from last night!).

Need to pop home later and get a spare tube and pump. Given the high winds are forecast to stay with us into the night there is every chance I'll puncture again and I've no spare tube once I've repaired my second puncture. 
Think I'll grab a 'puncture proof' tyre and stick that on whilst I'm at it. Have a couple of new ones in the garage which I couldn't be arsed putting on as the Contis I've been using have, until now been bomb proof.   Rolleyes
(01-11-2017, 10:14 AM)Kingy Wrote: it's nice to watch some genuinely good football

Where do you find such miracles as 'good football'?

(01-11-2017, 10:14 AM)Kingy Wrote: Contis I've been using have, until now been bomb proof.   Rolleyes

I'm no expert, but maybe you should tell the military this - I imagine they'd enjoy some bomb-proof cycle tyres. Either that or your local bombers need to up their game if they can't even blow the tyres off! Tongue

It's quite sunny down here, no high winds and double temperatures, riding to work has been a breeze last couple of days. All puns intended.
(01-11-2017, 11:39 AM)FraserG Wrote: Where do you find such miracles as 'good football'?

I'm no expert, but maybe you should tell the military this - I imagine they'd enjoy some bomb-proof cycle tyres. Either that or your local bombers need to up their game if they can't even blow the tyres off! Tongue

It's quite sunny down here, no high winds and double temperatures, riding to work has been a breeze last couple of days. All puns intended.

Football ... Trust me, if you ever struggle to sleep watch a few games from Van Gaals second (and final) season managing United. You don't need to have any love or understanding of football to know that it's shiiiiiiiiiite. Once you see that, even as a 'non believer' (Wink) you will know 'Good Football', even if that is two kids kicking a tennis ball around in favour of the dirge we witnessed last season. 

Bomb Proof. Sadly we are in (very) North Derbyshire. Our local skilled tradesmen are mostly experts at sheep dressing (and undressing) plus standing with a shotgun under arm whilst shouting "Get orf moi laaannd". 

Sunny, good temps and no high winds ... Feck off you Southern Nancyboy  Wink Tongue
(01-11-2017, 12:03 PM)Kingy Wrote: Bomb Proof. Sadly we are in (very) North Derbyshire. Our local skilled tradesmen are mostly experts at sheep dressing (and undressing) plus standing with a shotgun under arm whilst shouting "Get orf moi laaannd". 

Sunny, good temps and no high winds ... Feck off you Southern Nancyboy  Wink Tongue

Isn't North Derbyshire's 'bomb proof' programme just not rebuilding after the war? People turn up to blow it up and go "ah best not, looks like they've been blitzed just last Tuesday"? Or is there something hidden in those shotguns? I think we're onto you lot.... Tongue

If the north had the money to offer my course I'd never have moved. The traffic down here is awful, the people are just plain southern and Castle Combe does not get enough bike racing action in a year... On the plus side, when we flood, the government actually cares cause their friends are down this way as well Big Grin
Sshhhhh. Don't mention the war Wink
Run for the hills.......someone mentioned 'feckball'...........hehe
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.