Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How f'kin cold this morning!
If its not on strava then it didn't happen.

I think you have turned into a southern pussy and now driving to work, just saying :-)
(12-15-2016, 11:08 PM)speedymadr6 Wrote: If its not on strava then it didn't happen.  

I think you have turned into a southern pussy and now driving to work, just saying :-)

Ha ha.  Big Grin

But it IS on Strava ... I'm just not sharing the new account with anyone and leaving the rides locked as I don't feel the Strava love anymore.  Tongue 

I have been very lazy at weekends though. Just doing the 100+ miles during the week over 3 days and maybe one ride on a Friday, but twat all on Sat/Sun for the last few weeks. Family/home and football have been making it awkward, but I've also been a bit of a lazy bugger.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Don't talk to me about being lazy.
I still need to get the turbo trainer set up in the garage and get these legs turning over christmas.
Looks like I'll not be having my operation to repair my shoulder until end of January at the earliest now as we are away in Lanzarote for a couple of weeks from second week in January.
Surgeon had said it would be after Christmas now anyway so I thought I may as well not cancel the hols and just go.
They are making me an appointment to see him again on the 24th to discuss (I don't now why) the op, they just need to give me a bloody date and get it done so I can recover and get back to work and on the bike again.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Get the turbo set up and on trainer road JJ. Start the Sweetspot base, will keep build the strength whilst you are repairing.
Is trainer road an app then speedy ?
Remember. All training to be done in your underpants with the Flashdance soundtrack booming in the background, then as your 'training' finishes swap photos of yourselves with the G4hey sweat look.  Wink  

Turbo poofs.  Tongue  

Back to REAL cycling ... 102.6 miles covered Tues/Wed/Thur with this mornings ride. Three figures broken a ride early so I can have a pleasant bimble home after work later today. Its got colder and very windy this week. Iced up cars this morning and a couple of (very unexpected) twitchy bum slides on black ice. On the plus side - fuck all traffic around early doors.  Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
(12-22-2016, 12:31 AM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Is trainer road an app then speedy ?

Yep, basically has loads of training plans JJ.

Great bit of software for PC or tablet/phone

http://www.trainerroad.com
(12-23-2016, 07:39 AM)speedymadr6 Wrote:

Dam looks like you have to subscribe to it Sad
(12-23-2016, 06:53 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 07:39 AM)speedymadr6 Wrote:

Dam looks like you have to subscribe to it Sad

Yep you do but so worth it, been a user for three years and don't regret it one bit
I'll look like just sticking the radio as I'm not paying for it haha

Mind you I've still not been on turbo even though it's all set up now in garage lol