Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How f'kin cold this morning!
There was ice on the cars when I left about 45 mins ago. My thermal gloves have failed and I'm typing this with my nose as my only remaining working appendage at this present time. Going to go and wash them several times till they've remember what it's like to have blood in them again!
Current temp -1, but feels like -3 for this mornings commute. Positively tropical. Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I went out in the peaks yesterday morning on mtb, -4 when we set off.
I soon warmed up when i was sat in A & E with a popped shoulder after going over the bars Sad
Back to hospital tomorrow to see what the consultant says but it's looking like surgery Sad
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Oh shite.  Sad That's not good mate. Really sorry to hear it. 

Were you riding the new all terrain moped too? If so, I bet it's too much power for you. Remember the last 'serious accident' you had ...  Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Yes mate I was on the new stead.
My trouble was approaching a drop off without enough speed and ability, arse over tit one went Sad
(11-30-2016, 01:47 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Yes mate I was on the new stead.
My trouble was approaching a drop off without enough speed and ability, arse over tit one went Sad

Ouch. Bugger. Easy to do (just ask Dave Allans mate). Hope it's not as bad as you fear. 

Whilst it's crap to happen anytime and especially when you just get a new toy to play with - at least it's winter with some shitty weather and not the middle of summer.
Sounds like going outside is a dangerous thing to do! Hope you heal fast JJ - last thing we need is two tales of serious incidents for the next 5 years!! Tongue

As Kingy says though, at least you're not missing out on anything glorious - only more cold weather with which you can attempt to harm yourself with Tongue
Thanks guys

I'll report back when I've seen the docs
Muppet
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Hospital yesterday to see consultant.

He put me in a different sling hoping that it well hold my shoulder up and allow the gap in ac joint to close up

The gap should be around 2 or 3mm where as mine is at least 25mm due to me taring the ligament that holds it down.

He has now put me under the consultant surgeon which I will see on Tuesday, he will x ray it again and then decide if I need an operation to stitch/screw the clavicle back down.