Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How f'kin cold this morning!
One more 15 miler ???

Shame on you, you slacker lol
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
89.9 miles so far (Tues/Wed/Thurs). Wet and windy but not too cold. Bit lairy this morning at times and was happy to be on the heavier red alloy cannondale as it fares much better in the gusts which are apparently 'Storm Doris'. FFS. What next? ... Mild drizzle Darren ... Not very Warm Mavis ... Bit Windy Benedict .... 

Have a nice little 12.5 mile commute home tonight to nip past the 3 day / 100 mile point. Assuming the Armageddon that is Storm Doris allows me that is.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I did that ^^ and brought the 100 miles home. Fortunately Storm Doris blew her tits off in the afternoon and had quietened down a fair bit come 7pm ish when I left work.

Then had a week off (Riding/commuting, not work) last week. Yes, I know - Lazy Bastid. Smile

Back to it today, but I need the car at work so needed an early start to get some miles in. Was out at 3.50am doing 'Marple Loop'. 23 miles/ 1,900 ft of climbing. It's wonderfully quiet and very eerie at that time! Back to the house, showered and into work for 6am.

Intend doing the same tomorrow and Thursday which will be just under 70 miles. If I get time I'll bring the 100 in with a ride on Friday or Saturday morning. Needs must and all that.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
3.50am ? 3 fecking 50 AM ?????

Your fooking nuts man lol

I've been walking every morning going twitching down my local ponds so I've been doing about 2.5miles a day which is better than nothing Smile
(03-07-2017, 08:30 PM)jollyjoiner Wrote: 3.50am ? 3 fecking 50 AM ?????

I've been walking every morning going dogging down my local ponds so I've been doing about 2.5miles a day which is better than nothing Smile

Ha ha. Made more of an effort today and was out on the road just before 3.45am so I could squeeze another mile in.  Big Grin 

Well done on the walking - you dodgy doggin' bastid!  Wink Tongue As you say, just doing what you can to retain the mindset of training is spot on for me.  Cool
(03-08-2017, 07:22 AM)Kingy Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 08:30 PM)jollyjoiner Wrote: 3.50am ? 3 fecking 50 AM ?????

I've been walking every morning going dogging down my local ponds so I've been doing about 2.5miles a day which is better than nothing Smile

Ha ha. Made more of an effort today and was out on the road just before 3.45am so I could squeeze another mile in.  Big Grin 

Well done on the walking - you dodgy doggin' bastid!  Wink Tongue As you say, just doing what you can to retain the mindset of training is spot on for me.  Cool

Hahaha I like what you've done there lol, very funny.
After a week of training inactivity I ventured out this morning. Not as early as usual as my hours have changed now so I'm in work at 8am rather than 6am. So a leisurely 5.30am set off to get the usual 24 miles in, then shower and into work. It was very chilly and too many cars playing whacky races for my liking, but needs must. 

Tried a new light jacket this morning - an Endura Jetstream III. Temp was allegedley 3 degrees (it felt cold, particularly in the wind - even with winter gloves) and with just a thin cycling shirt (no bib shorts here - so it was a genuine one layer + jacket) the jacket was 'just' warm enough which was ideal - and needed unzipping on the ascent up Chunal (from Hayfield) at the 16 mile point. Hopefully it will be a canny buy as I bagged it in a flash sale through Chain Reaction. (Do they sell anything that isn't in some kind of sale?  Big Grin). 

Yaz is in Dubai and I have the kids at home this week so I'm going to try and get out a couple more times doing the same route. Might just get out a bit earlier though as getting home to find the kids are hogging the shower and in need of speeding up to be ontime for school is a bloody nightmare!  Dodgy