The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bomb Scare at Old Trafford ... At least we were up off our seats for once!
It's been all over the news and is yet another embarrassment for the club in a season I'm sure they will want to forget. A pretend 'bomb' used during a training drill last week was left in one of the toilets in Old Trafford. It was discovered by a fan before the game against Bournemouth on Sunday (final game of the season) and so a full evaquation was required. We were in the East (K) stand opposite the area concerned. We were held in and kept ourselves upto date with twitter and text messages ...

[Image: IMG_20160515_155902_zpsa7qpg8ik.jpg]

Quite odd. Our stand 3/4 full, but people who never miss kick off weren't in. South Stand (to our left) also nearly full, but we watched the other two stands empty completely, then stewards do a mickey mouse sweep of the stands before Police sniffer dogs were let loose. 

[Image: 20160515_145959_zpslsbjqhyi.jpg]

Now we have to go back tomorrow night (great - night game to leave me knackered all week) to watch a game of no importance at all as the finishing places were all sorted out in our absence. I appreciate they acted based on what they assumed was a credible threat - but it wasn't, could have been avoided and has ended up costing a lot of people a lot of time, money and inconvenience. I especially feel sorry for the travelling Bournemouth fans and the coaches of United fans from further afield. 

So far United have said nothing, but I've heard via the BBC that United are planning to refund people that bought tickets and credit Season Ticket holders for the game. Sounds good, but for season ticket holders, if you aren't renewing I bet you won't be able to get that credit changed into a ££ refund. 

Apologies if I sound apathetic about this 'bomb scare', but this season United (as a club) have been beyond useless on many occasions (particularly with their treatment of match going fans) and this really is just the icing on the cake.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
Bomb Scare at Old Trafford ... At least we were up off our seats for once! - Kingy - 05-16-2016, 10:40 AM