Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Warehouse 50% sale (Genuine)
I've just finished off my winter gear shopping (which will last me years as I use gear until it disintegrates!) with a couple of pairs of gloves and a couple of tops whilst the sale is still on.

After Saturdays cycle ride - 70 miles, 5300 ft of climbing with a strong headwind, thick, dense mist so no visibility and heavy rain I can't recommend this top enough ....

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/mens/ba...l=CHARCOAL

It was almost like a wetsuit! Best top in those kind of conditions I've ever worn. As long as I kept moving it kept me warm and the heavy rain had no effect on my body temperature as it lashed it down. Unbelievable that I got away with just one layer in these conditions. I did have a pertex with me, but didn't need to use it, so when it stopped raining the MW top dried straight out keeping me warm and wicking sweat away. Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Picked my latest bag of goodies up on Friday. (Cycling jacket, top, gloves).
Tried the cycling jacket and some lightweight waterproof gloves on Sundays bike ride. The gloves opened at the stitching on my left index finger. Unusual as I've had little trouble with their stuff over the years, but needed to take them back. Decided to ride back through Glossop and see if the shop was open. It was, so after just over 30 miles of use in better conditions than I was anticipating (Ie. warmer) I took the gloves in. They apologised and asked if I wanted a refund or replacement. They took my sweaty, minging gloves off me and I left with a new pair off the racks. Smile No receipt/proof of purchase required. Great customer service.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007