Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that time again ... New Phone.
Best.
Phone.
I've.
Ever.
Owned.

It's all set up. I've ditched the Samsung 'touchwiz' interface and all associated apps.
I'm using the same launcher I used on the Nexus 6 (Smart launcher) so it's almost identical to the Nexus Experience (Smart Launcher & latest Marshmallow os), but with a few more bells and whistles from the phone itself.

The fingerprint scanner to open the phone works perfectly and is brilliant. The night clock on the 'Edge' is great. Very clever little add on. The screen is incredibly clear. That really surprised me. I put a screen guard straight on and you can't visibly tell it has one. I'm also not having any issues with the smaller screen size - as the screen is so clear it's not noticable on the apps I use.
But, by far the biggest positive is that even with a Spigen Neo Hybrid case on the phone fits into my jeans pocket, any jacket pocket and easily in my training pack. I've missed that with that Nexus 6 phablet phone. It's size really was a pain in the arse.

Oh, and looks wise - I know it's a phone, but aesthetically it's the dogs whatsits. Smile

Very pleased with the purchase - and so pleased I didn't go for the S7 Edge as I'd have fallen straight back into the 'phablet' trap. Being out and about (and fell running today) have shown me what a difference a smaller sized phone makes.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's that time again ... New Phone. - Kingy - 03-30-2016, 07:49 PM