Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that time again ... New Phone.
FG - Spent a while looking at spec and considering the jump in size from S6 to P2 XL. My nephew has the S8+ so I'd had a good look at that. The finger print sensor is very awkwardly placed and its no better that the XL in any respect bar looks if you prefer it aesthetically. Side by side the XL is lighter and a touch smaller. The S8 will soon be replaced too, whereas the Pixel will be late 2018 so has a better longevity as I will keep the phone 2-3 years.

I considered an Ipone but can't get past the locked down IOs so dismissed that.

Bought the P2 XL and decided I'd try it and send back (within 14 days) if it was too big to use. I remember hating the size of the Nexus 6 which was a nightmare - but now see that was because it was a different shape and heavier.

The phone now has a screen saver on (which is pretty much invisible) and a Spiegen thin case. I did try a Neo hybrid case but don't need that protection or the extra bulk it provides

So far I'm very impressed with the XL 2. Its incredibly quick. The fingerprint sensor opens the phone instantly and the display is excellent. Its not quite the 'infinity' display of the S8 but it's very close. (A reason why I went for the XL over the smaller Pixel as that has the older big black bars and smaller display).

JJ - Sorry mate, Samee has asked if he can have the S6. He may change his mind (he's a teenager) so I'll keep you informed as I've done nothing yet.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's that time again ... New Phone. - Kingy - 01-03-2018, 11:08 AM