Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmmm. Week from hell ..... ?
OK.

So, it comes in three's. 

Here are mine. All within the few days, never mind week.

1) Employee who left two weeks short of three years ago is suing us for alleged negligence causing him a workplace accident. The reason he has left it this long is you have three years to report an incident - and if you leave it the max length of time, hopefully the company you falsely accuse (with NO evidence at all) cannot prove you are lying. In these circumstances the insurance company pays out believe it or not. It is one of our 'modern day insurance scams'. 
Unfortunately for said lying fuckwit of an ex employee, I am the one paper loving bastard that has kept all the paperwork so the 'Spurious Claim' (thats both the insurance company and loss adjusters wording) will be fought. It's already cost me two days and will cost me several more in time correlating all of the evidence we have against him. 

2) Yaz came back from Singapore with flu (proper flu) on Sunday 13th (over a week ago). She is just out of bed now but still not properly better. I developed more of a manflu (not proper flu) but whatever it was it knocked the shit out of me on Thursday night so my weekend plans turned into not getting out of bed from said Thursday until Sunday afternoon. 

3) Still feeling a 'bit shit' I find out today that a father and son who work for us had a bad accident last night. Fire at home and the place is wrecked. Luckily only property and possessions and all ok. Son is back in work tomorrow, but father has decided he won't be. He is nightshift supervisor - so guess why I'm posting now! Yep. In work at 8am this morning. Came home at 3.30pm this afternoon for a couple of hours to get a brew and a bite to eat - then back in for this evenings 6pm to 6am night shift, which I'm now on for the week.  Cool  Cosmic. 

Oh, and to add insult to injury I dropped my beloved phone when feeling rough on Thursday and smashed the screen into a million pieces.  Dodgy FML!  Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Have you considered ordering from Longfield, maybe they'll make your week better?

Sucks to hear about the fire, at least everyone is ok, possessions can be replaced. Are you giving yourself double time for the night shifts though? Tongue

Are you allowed to sue the lying feckwit for lost time at work etc. when the claim falls flat? Seems a bit unfair otherwise that they could make a lying claim and have absolutely no repercussions if it fails for them.
Something of a pi55er Kingy......consolation is the things affecting you are unpleasant/unwanted  the important thing is at least it wasn't your house wrecked.  All the rest will be sorted one way or another with no long term effects.  Poor sods whose house is wrecked must have lost a lot of things that can't be replaced........but whichever way it's looked at all the best to 'all' involved except of course the 'chancer' you're having to deal with.  :-)
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Jeez Kingy, don't waste any money on lottery tickets this week!

Hope you & Yaz feel fighting fit very soon.  Good luck with sorting out the idiot ex employee and as for the rest - as has been said possessions can been replaced.

Keep smiling and don't let the barstewards get you down 

Cool Heart
(03-22-2016, 11:01 AM)FraserG Wrote: Have you considered ordering from Longfield, maybe they'll make your week better?

Sucks to hear about the fire, at least everyone is ok, possessions can be replaced. Are you giving yourself double time for the night shifts though? Tongue

Are you allowed to sue the lying feckwit for lost time at work etc. when the claim falls flat? Seems a bit unfair otherwise that they could make a lying claim and have absolutely no repercussions if it fails for them.

Longfield ... Arf. They still can't help sending me the odd love letter by way of an invitation to buy from them!  Big Grin

Double time. I wish. Seeing double though, there's a good chance that will be happening before I finish at 6am on Friday morning! 

It would be fantastic if we had some recourse with the lying fuckwit, but sadly it appears we don't. What you describe is exactly what he is doing. Lying about hurting himself and even when (if?) that is proved he simply walks away no worse off as he is 'No win, No fee'. 

For us as a company we have our reputation smeared as he brags locally about taking us to court, incurr days of work preparing what defence we can with paperwork stretching back three to five years and ultimately end up with increased premiums as we are now considered a higher risk (this is our first ever insurance 'claim' in 22 years - something we were quite proud of). 

Potentially the lying fuckwit will get a five ££,£££ figure payout (yep, you read that right ... FIVE figures) for loss of earnings, pain, suffering and loss of amenity plus loss of future earnings as his jobs since have been cash in hand for local builders (so no record of him working). He has worked continuously, but legally only had a couple of jobs he couldn't be bothered doing. He will claim this is because he was unable to work due to the accidentDodgy 

... With those potential financial rewards for a lie you don't need to substantiate who wouldn't try it on? 

Insurance companies look at these late claims (two weeks from cut off) with no evidence in the same way as they do the rear end car claims. But, in the same way if you cannot disprove the lie then the scum get paid out. 

It's fair to say that my mood towards this country and it's (employment) laws is not a very sunny one at the moment.  Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Rog / Judy - Thanks for the support. Very nice of you. Smile
Well on the up side it's not raining!!

Jeez mate what a shiity week. I think your due a few scoops at the weekend.
(03-23-2016, 12:03 PM)croweman Wrote: Well on the up side it's not raining!!

Lol  Big Grin
Trust me, there will be copious amounts of beer drunk at some point in the next few days!  Cool

I've decided running a small local manufacturing company is just like trying to keep several plates spinning at the same time. You 'think' you are in control, but then one stops ... and repeat. 

Had an email today saying the truck of material I ordered (and had confirmed) at the start of March for delivery 4th April has just been cancelled. Exxon Mobil have decided that material is short, so they would rather not supply ... until mid April at an increased price. But we have to re-order and they will consider our request.  Dodgy You can't even spend £40,000 in this business without these stupid games. 
I now need to spend a fair bit of my hols next week trying to secure another truck of LD in what will be a rigged Dutch auction. 

Oh, and we've had a three week sicknote handed in from one of the lads - and a customer has told me that he expects me to come in and open the factory up so he can collect goods next Wednesday (whilst we are closed) ... or else. 

This is the week that just keeps giving.  Tongue
God you do have an easy life, I had a customer asked me if I could just do another little job whilst I was there the other day, the bloody cheek of it lol
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(03-23-2016, 07:54 PM)Kingy Wrote:
(03-23-2016, 12:03 PM)croweman Wrote: Well on the up side it's not raining!!

Lol  Big Grin
Trust me, there will be copious amounts of beer drunk at some point in the next few days!  Cool

I've decided running a small local manufacturing company is just like trying to keep several plates spinning at the same time. You 'think' you are in control, but then one stops ... and repeat. 

Had an email today saying the truck of material I ordered (and had confirmed) at the start of March for delivery 4th April has just been cancelled. Exxon Mobil have decided that material is short, so they would rather not supply ... until mid April at an increased price. But we have to re-order and they will consider our request.  Dodgy You can't even spend £40,000 in this business without these stupid games. 
I now need to spend a fair bit of my hols next week trying to secure another truck of LD in what will be a rigged Dutch auction. 

Oh, and we've had a three week sicknote handed in from one of the lads - and a customer has told me that he expects me to come in and open the factory up so he can collect goods next Wednesday (whilst we are closed) ... or else. 

This is the week that just keeps giving.  Tongue

Have you considered hiding in a cave tomorrow and waking up on Monday? I hear that does good things for stress, at least, back in the day when you lot were lads ;P