Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's amazing what you see when out and about ...
Was out on a fell run last Saturday. Weather was the usual mix of wind and rain so I decided to do a very local 'doorstep route'. It a nice 10 mile run which goes over Lantern Pike (Charlesworth to Hayfield), down to Rowarth and then back up and over Lantern Pike again (different climb) and back to Simmondley. I've done this route before, but never noticed an old car pushed to the side of a trail down near Rowarth ...

[Image: IMG_20160206_140337_zpskrkeacwu.jpg]

[Image: 20160206_113531_zpszcqbrbs6.jpg]

[Image: 20160206_113549_zpsnzrurah2.jpg]

[Image: 20160206_113610_zpshs6eczrd.jpg]

As you may have guessed 'Fordson' is a brand name of 'Ford', specifically for tractors and trucks: 

http://www.simoncars.co.uk/fordcv/e494c.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fordson

I did try to get into it, but it was locked. Quite an interesting little find.  Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
You need to go by regularly to see if anything changes with it! And take a lock pick next time
Saw that on your Facebook page, it looks lovely Smile
Nice spot mate, bet that could be a money pit doing it up.
I love coming seeing things like this on my travels. Makes you wonder why people just leave things to rot in a field.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
(02-10-2016, 08:05 PM)BB Wrote: Saw that on your Facebook page, it looks lovely Smile

It does doesn't it. I've run and ridden past there before and not noticed it, so assume someone is moving things around and has 'shoved it there' out of the way. 

(02-10-2016, 09:44 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Nice spot mate, bet that could be a money pit doing it up.
I love coming seeing things like this on my travels. Makes you wonder why people just leave things to rot in a field.

Yes, it's sad really. You would need to want to own that because looking at that ^^ link (and a quick look on some classic car sale websites) even restored it won't be worth that much - and certainly not the value of the parts and labour needed to get it right. I bet it would look amazing though if someone did restore it.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007