Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BT SIM only deals ... Very cheap deals with extras.
Just thought I'd share. We've had Tesco sims for years. £10 a month on the O2 network and no problems at all. Finding we need more data nowadays, especially as the kids tend to hammer it and use their allowance up in the first week of the month  Rolleyes. Tesco deal is 1.25 gig of data, 500 minutes talk, 200 text. Gave Tesco the opportunity to match the BT deal but they were way off. Checked Plusnet (BT retail side), O2, EE, 3 and others, but all more expensive that BT for SIM deals. 

So, have just got PAC codes and am moving us to a BT family SIM deal. 
BT use the EE (used to be Orange) network. 

It is ...

x5 SIM cards. 
6GB Data
Unlimited BT wifi, unlimited minutes talk, unlimited text. 
They are throwing in free BT Sports app and a £90 Amazon voucher. Not arsed about BT Sports, but £90 voucher - yes please. 

Cost: £49 a month in total ... or £9.80 per SIM card per month. 

One SIM is tied into a 12 month contract and the other four are on 30 day rolling contracts. 

You can have less SIMs and there are cheaper deals, bur I can't find anyone coming close to matching this. 

Details here: BT SIM only deals webpage
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
That's a cracking deal Kingy, won't be long before the kids are wanting phones so good to know deals like this are around.
We are running on it now. I can get the £90 Amazon voucher in a week. (It's delayed to ensure you don't just activate sim(s) then cancel for the deal). 

It certainly seems pretty cheap compared to all the other deals I've seen.
Good app support too. I've put a BT 'Mobile' app on each kids phone and it shows them how much data they have left of their 6GB, when it runs out and any 'extra spend' since the last bill. No excuse for anyone to go over their data limit. (Especially with 6 gig!). And as I've got another app. covering the full account I can see any phone on the plan.  Cool
You can put age restrictions on too, so although it's a 'family' account the kids don't have the authority to order anything by accident.

First impressions are that the support (apps) is far superior to Tesco Mobile. The Tesco app is crap (I tried it) and their preferred method of contact (online chat) is shockingly bad. I've had to drop chats as I've had an opinionated idiots telling me what I need whilst ignoring what I want. Whilst I'm no fan of BT they do set things up well.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Two weeks into the BT SIM experience and so far so good. 

Coverage (using EE network) has given no issues at all. The kids have commented that 4G is much better. I've noticed no dropouts at work (a notorious black hole for mobiles and internet at times).

The 6Gb of data is useful. No longer needing to be careful listening to music in the car. Doesn't matter if it's downloaded or not anymore. I think this is what the kids like too as they can hammer music and Snapchat without worrying. 

Have applied for my Amazon voucher. Got confirmation they were confirming it all and as long as it's legit a voucher would be with me within 45 days. 

I've mentioned the app earlier, but must say it really is very good for monitoring usage and linking to anything relevant. Loading the BT wifi app works well too. If youlog in it takes over whenever you are at legit strong signal BT wifi areas. You don't do anything - it sorts it for you to save data.
Not bad deal...we are both on 3 sim only deal here.....2000 3 to 3 minutes free.....8gb data.....600 network minutes....£13.00 per month.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
£90 Amazon vouchers arrived on Saturday morning. Smile

So, if you look at the full price paid for 12 months ... £49 x 12 = £588.00

Take off the £90 vouchers = £498.00 divided by 12 = £41.50 per month / £8.30 per handset per month.

Now that (£8.30 a month) is a pretty good deal for 6 gig of data and unlimited talk/text.
Well, this is a first. Didn't need to get in touch to moan ...

Quote:Hi Paul,

Your final bill is now ready & the good news is that it's £-40.00, which means you're in credit.

We'll refund this money to you by Credit Card on 10 July, so please make sure your Credit Card is still active until then.
The gift that just keeps giving Wink ... 

Quote:Hi Paul,

Your final bill is now ready & the good news is that it's £-10.00, which means you're in credit.

We'll refund this money to you by Credit Card on 10 July, so please make sure your Credit Card is still active until then.