Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Justgiving Page for the Fred Charity ride in aid of Macmillans.
On May 8th this year I am doing the Fred Whitton Challenge in the Lakes with Dave Allan (SpeedymadR6). 

It's a 112 mile event with 13,000 feet of climbing and considered the toughest one day event in the UK. Yes, clearly I am losing have lost my marbles! I'm wanting to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support and try to help them raise a total of £1 million. 

I'd be very grateful if you would sponsor me and share my Justgiving Page with any friends you know who would like to support a fantastic charity. 

Many thanks - I'm off to get some more miles in on the bike in preparation for the pain!

Please don't feel obliged in anyway, but here is the link if you are able to donate any amount ...

https://www.justgiving.com/Paul-King99

Cool
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Done Smile
Done.
Thankyou both so much. That's very generous and much appreciated. Your comment made me chuckle too Judy. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Done it a while a go but it went through as anonymous for some reason?
Done
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Thanks Martin. I can see your name there mate  Cool Cheers.

And thanks 'Roomie'.  Tongue Like it Nige. 

Must say, I'm in awe of you folk and the others that have donated. Only put the page up just before I left work yesterday and there has already been £230 donated. That's fantastic. Can't thank you enough.  Smile
No problem Kingy, every little helps Smile

And I still think you are fecking mad!  Heart
Just an update to keep all of the very generous folk that have sponsored me appraised of where I'm upto. 

The current total raised for Macmillans is .............. £646.16  ........ which is brilliant.  Cool Thanks again to everyone who has helped me get there. I don't want to tempt fate by increasing my target amount but I'll do my best to try and break the £1000 by the event in May. 

The new Cannondale has gone straight into service as bad weather commute/ training bike. In the two weeks I've had it its covered 224 miles in eight days. I'm now leaving the house at 4.30am to get 20 miles in before work for the three days I commute in. Peversely I do enjoy the rides (regardless of weather) as it's a great start to the day and there is little traffic around at that time. 

I've done a blog page to give an overview on what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. Please have a look if you get a minute spare. It's only short (promise  Big Grin) ... https://theangrybiker.wordpress.com/2016...enge-2016/
Fingers crossed for your target, Smile