Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairy Cornflake guilty of cereal assault? ;-)
DLT guilty.

Who's next?

Quote:Former Radio 1 presenter Dave Lee Travis has been found guilty of one count of indecent assault.

The ex-Top Of The Pops presenter was cleared of another count of indecent assault, and the jury was undecided on a count of sexual assault.

The 69-year-old DJ stared straight ahead with a stony expression as the verdicts were read out at London's Southwark Crown Court.

Judge Anthony Leonard QC warned him he was looking at "all options" for sentencing.

Travis, from Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, was convicted of groping a woman working on the Mrs Merton Show on January 17, 1995.

Prosecutors claimed he approached her as she stood smoking in the corridor and put his hands on her chest for at least 10-15 seconds until she ran away.

She spoke to police about the allegation following Travis' first indecent assault trial earlier this year.

Prosecutor Teresa Hay said the Crown would not be seeking a retrial on the count of sexual assault which the jury was hung on, and a formal verdict of not guilty was entered.

The jury forewoman said they had found Travis guilty of indecent assault by a majority of 10-2.

They returned their verdicts after 19 hours and 15 minutes of deliberations.

During the trial, prosecutors claimed Travis was an "opportunist" who acted as if he had the "perfect right" to grope young women.

Travis, who appeared in court under his real name David Griffin, faced a retrial after jurors failed to reach verdicts on two of the charges in February.

He was first arrested in 2012 under Operation Yewtree, Scotland Yard's investigation into historical sexual abuse in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal.

The allegations against him dated back to the 1990s when he was starring in panto, while the most recent was said to have happened during an interview with a journalist at his home in 2008.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Guilty of 'sexual assault'? So groping which was (not saying it was right) prevalent and something of a way of life with the 'entertainment' world (not including the casting couch) is now with hindsight a sex crime?

Why was the stupid bint daft enough to let him grope her tits for 10-15 seconds and not kick him in the nuts or at least slap his face? Then she takes years to lodge a complaint? Like a female guest on a certain Radio2 prog said yesterday........"She had her tits groped....did nothing....let him do it for 10-15 seconds and takes years to report it......why? She should have kicked him in the nuts.........end of story. It is not a sex crime and DLT should not be classed as a sex criminal...........a bit of a perv maybe but not a sex criminal".
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Saw his interview after the hearing.

Regardless of the circumstances or my/your/his thoughts or opinion - he was found guilty.

Not one bit of remorse. Not even a .... "Whilst I am not happy and disagree with the courts decision, I would like to apologise for any of my actions which were deemed inappropriate as that was not my understanding at the time".
Instead we had Billy Big Bollox acting as if he was the victim with a machine gun attack on anyone and everyone.

Don't think he came out of it well at all. Any sympathy I may have had went out of the window with his rant.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007