Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 days and counting .......
If all goes to plan todays the day. Cool

Did a long ride home last night in heavy rain with a fair wind. Rode in this morning and to be honest I could have ROWED in with a bloody boat. Swapped bikes at the last minute (road to mountainbike for better braking) and full rain gear as it was torrential.
Fingers crossed that all the rain done and we get a perfect evening tonight for the new bikes first steady ride. I'll be out with my mate Dave doing our weekly circuit armed with allen keys so I can adjust things if needs be after the bike fit.

(09-23-2014, 08:37 PM)gaz Wrote: Nice bike Kingy. I've had a carbon bike for the last 3 yrs and it's been fine

Cheers Gaz.
I've a few mates that have run Carbon XC bikes (full suss) and the carbon frames just aren't upto the job around here. Constant creaking and they really don't like getting chucked on their sides in the peaks. Wink
Like you, the lads with carbon roadbikes have had no trouble though so it bodes well.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
This wait is excruciatingly painful!
Need to be at the bike shop for 4.30pm.
Weather dry and bright. Dark clouds but allegedley no rain due. Bloody hope not as Yaz called in and I've sent all my waterproofs back with her! Smile
Should be out on the maiden voyage with Dave at 6.30pm.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Good luck
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Cheers Yogi.

Ride went very well. Bit of adjustment required after being set up in the shop. Saddle height up by half an inch. May drop the bars by a couple of shims (want another ride before I do that) and stupid rattling wheel reflectors taken off. I've also a learning curve with the 'road' pedals I've had fitted. I'm used to Shimano SPD's but these are much harder to clip into as you set off. Had a comedy moment where I went to ride across a busy three lane junction and couldnt clip in. Ended up 'skateboarding' through it much to Daves amusement.

Took it easy on the ride as the bike is more focused than my old roadbike so needed to get used to the different riding position and twitchiness when pushed. Very impressed with it though. Smooth ride, good power transfer and felt easier on the climbs. Bit more tweeking to suit me and it will be even better.

Some pics of the beast taken in the factory this morning.

[Image: IMG_20140925_063150_zpsm97petwv.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140925_063221_zpsnmi0cyo1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140925_063312_zpsrfxultws.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20140925_063255_zpstgqj6unb.jpg]
Nice looking machine Kingy.........hope you have many hundreds.......nay thousands of miles of enjoyment on it. As for carbon frames there's seemingly nowt wrong with the good ones. My Cannondale Rush is still going strong.....has a few scratches as expected with a montain bike and no creaks or squeeks.
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Very nice mate, those type of pedals are apparently far better but trickier to get the hang of. I've had a few comedy moments trying to twist my foot out of a cleat and nearly losing balance so those are a better alternative.
Cheers chaps.

I'm sure I'll get the hang of the pedals. I'm just used to Shimano spd's letting you clip in both sides and have to get my head around these just being one side. Once I'm in I'm fine, and clipping one foot out for lights is ok. It's when both feet are out, I forget to clip one foot in and just push off I end up scootering down the road at 2mph fighting with the pedals! Smile
Looks great, If I only had the time !!
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Looks a nice piece of kit. I must try and find the time to get out on my mountain bike again to help with my leg, it's all ready and waiting but works getting in the way at the moment.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
I'm lucky in that respect Nige as I ride to and from work so have lots of routes I can do to make it interesting and get the bike time.

Oh, and since upping saddle height a bit the bike feels different again (in a good way), but now means I need more time on it before I consider dropping the front shims.