Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 days and counting .......
Just a bit excited. This is being built up for me on Wednesday. I need to pop over to the bike shop on Wednesday afternoon (if all goes to plan) for an initial bike fit, then go for a ride, then back for any adjustments ...

[Image: cannondale-2015-synapse-carbon-5-105-roa..._False.png]

Its a 2015 Cannondale Synapse. It's a carbon frame with a decent spec. Never thought I'd buy a carbon bike, never mind a roadbike, but I've quite enjoyed getting back into cycling and my ankles (ligaments) and knees just can't take the pavement pounding I was doing running to work/home. I'm fine on the fells (soft impact) but end up running two days and then needing a rest day on hard surfaces. Get no trouble at all riding the bike(s).
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Very nice indeed matey but I do hope yours comes with pedals !! unlike the one in the picture Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Now i'm torn Real or fake or admiring your new bike? its a tough one?
Its very nice just dont fall off carbon costs a lot.
That looks well
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Cheers Yogi. Smile

(09-22-2014, 07:00 PM)Jollyjoiner Wrote: Very nice indeed matey but I do hope yours comes with pedals !! unlike the one in the picture Smile

Ha ha. Bloody hope so! Wink
I've chosen my pedals ... and need new shoes to go with them! Seems daft that when you move to 'more expensive' bikes you get less. Big Grin With pedals being a personal option (so many different types/ designs) it's left to the buyer to add what they want.

(09-22-2014, 08:49 PM)croweman Wrote: Its very nice just dont fall off carbon costs a lot.

Yes, one of the reasons I've never been keen on carbon and purposely dodged carbon frames on cross country bikes. (That and the creaking). I'll just have to calm down a bit and switch to the hardtail when the frost and ice turns up.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Ha ha. Bloody hope so! Wink
I've chosen my pedals ... and need new shoes to go with them! Seems daft that when you move to 'more expensive' bikes you get less. Big Grin With pedals being a personal option (so many different types/ designs) it's left to the buyer to add what they want.

Try chain reaction cycles online they always have a sale on and shoes are always on sale at decent prices as are pedals and most other things to be honest.
Great minds mate (or is it fools seldom differ? Wink) ....

Have literally just bought some Shimano spd pedals for the 'old' roadbike from Chain Reaction to try the smaller cage pedals ahead of getting the new bike. They landed with me at the end of last week. RRP was £30 but they were half price then discount code SHIM meant I paid £13.49 delivered! Tried them this morning for the first time and they seem very good.
Cracking site mate have bought a lot of stuff from them, and their clearance is just that they give the stuaff away. One for tyres is bike discount shop I think they are based in Germany but schwalbe tyres are the cheapest i've seen anywhere on there.
Cheers. Will keep that in mind mate. Smile
Nice bike Kingy. I've had a carbon bike for the last 3 yrs and it's been fine