Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've had a bit of a Social Media rant ...
We've been let down very badly by a supplier at work. This does happen more often than we would like, but usually any potential crisis can be avoided if the supplier just lets us know there is an issue. 
This time (last month) the supplier didn't bother to tell us there was an issue with our order (which meant we missed the cut off for October to order elsewhere) and has refused to return phonecalls or emails throughout. It's that last bit that really got to me, so I decided to see how you stick a blog up ...

I tagged the supplier into the link on twitter. 
The Commercial Director (and Partner) who has caused the mess is a connection of mine on LinkedIn - so I've posted on there and tagged the company. 
I've also posted on Facebook which has been shared and commented on. 

This is the blog: https://kingpak.wordpress.com/2015/10/23...-22-years/

I'm waiting to see if I get any kind of response from Longfield. Hopefully not a legal one  Rolleyes  ... but I doubt it.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
The end comment:

Quote:And crayons. Lots of coloured crayons.

Reminds me of a quote I've long enjoyed using on particularly dense people:

Quote:I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain this in a way you'll understand...

They sound like a complete bunch of idiots. Is it possible the company is heading under (I don't know how your industry is doing as to whether that would be a possibility?) and that's why they're ignoring everything? Though a November offers is most strange if they are...

If you do close the lines (or have closed the lines), is there no legal recourse for you as they confirmed in writing they would supply, and the knock on effect of them breaking that agreement (written contract?) is loss of money for you?
(11-05-2015, 04:03 PM)FraserG Wrote: They sound like a complete bunch of idiots. Is it possible the company is heading under (I don't know how your industry is doing as to whether that would be a possibility?) and that's why they're ignoring everything? Though a November offers is most strange if they are...

If you do close the lines (or have closed the lines), is there no legal recourse for you as they confirmed in writing they would supply, and the knock on effect of them breaking that agreement (written contract?) is loss of money for you?

I like your crayons quote.  Cool

Believe it or not they are a multi million pound profitable company with four directors and plenty of office staff. 

Unfortunately we have no recourse for lost production as we are too small to insist on any legal agreement of supply - so their T&C's take precedent. Obviously they will have somewhere to hide in the small print along the lines of confirmed orders not being guaranteed. 
I suspect the ignorance is simply the way they do business. We have dealt with them for four years (so they are a relatively new supplier to us) and we have had issues in the past. Nothing like this, but then we had to push to get things resolved (deliveries returned as it was the wrong material etc) and they were reluctant - but did sort it out. 

I'm not hopeful of a response, but I now have the satisfaction of having my rant and knowing they have read the blog.  Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
It's a shame you'll have no recourse. Perhaps a fell run in Runcorne with an unfortunate accident might occur? Tongue

If that's how they do business then how they're still in business is astounding. Hopefully your comments will negatively affect their business, if you can get it out there to the wider industry they're other consumers might go elsewhere and they'll have to look at what they're doing wrong (besides existing)?
Have you got no legal standing Paul given you had an agreement for delivery in writing? Is it not breach of contract. Or is it just too much litigation costs to bother with?
(11-05-2015, 05:12 PM)croweman Wrote: Have you got no legal standing Paul given you had an agreement for delivery in writing? Is it not breach of contract. Or is it just too much litigation costs to bother with?

No, sadly not. Our written 'Sales Order Confirmation' with confirmed delivery date is just pre-sales negotiations and is confirmation of an order, but not legally binding. I think that's how it goes anyway. Essentially they can do whatever they want. 

I can mention it on here as they won't see it - but I've spoken to a supplier who they undercut. It was a bigger order than ours (100 tonnes against our 25 tonnes). When the customer called the delivery in Longfield just said ... Sorry it didnt arrive and then refused to enter into any communication. So, they have form for this behaviour - and again - they got away with that. As it is hard to get credit in our industry (we have 22 years and the building we own behind us and still have stupid limits) Longfield evidently hold the arrogant view that they can mess customers around because the customer will struggle to get product at some point and will have to go back to Longfield at some point to use their credit facility. ..............................I will eat broken glass first!  Tongue
So basically its a big company thinking it can do what it wants to the little guy because there are no repercusions? In the words of Keith Lemon WANKORRRR!!
(11-05-2015, 05:31 PM)croweman Wrote: So basically its a big company thinking it can do what it wants to the little guy because there are no repercusions? In the words of Keith Lemon WANKORRRR!!

Yep and yep.  Big Grin
Barstewards! Liked the blog Kingy and especially the crayons!
The fecking tossers, lets hope they see this and give you some expanation for this shocking treatment to a customer
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad