Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've had a bit of a Social Media rant ...
I have a reply. Seems the LinkedIn post was potentially the most damaging for him (he is connected to me so all his connections see the post and I tagged their company account).

Stuarts response:

Good evening Paul. I have indeed just read your post and in the first instance I would like to apologise for what appears to be an error on our part. We do strive for perfection, like all companies, and the vast majority of the 65,000 tonnes of polymer per year we deliver to our ~900 clients works smoothly. Longfield has been in the polymer distribution business 47 years and in that time we have strived to provide innovative and cost effective solutions for our clients. Without wanting to make excuses, our system appears to have fallen down here and the situation has not been helped by me being out of the office for almost all of the past 4 weeks. We have also had staff changes in customer service, which will not have helped. I may have missed email(s) for some reason, it appears so. I am back in the office on Wednesday 11th November and will call you then to see what we can do to correct this situation. My mobile number is on my Linkedin profile (07785 523046) and please feel free to contact me directly on that by a call, text or wattsapp if it is ever necessary in future. Once again, sorry for any problems caused and I will endeavour to put things right for you if possible.

My reply:
Thankyou for finally acknowledging me Stuart. It's a shame you felt the need to use your response here to try and 'big up' your company, but I'm sure people will see that for what it is. I find it quite unlikely that you missed all of the emails from me, but if you say that is the case then so be it. I assume that your fellow directors and managers also missed the emails as they were sent copies too. Putting that scenario to one side one thing I know you did not miss are the phone calls I made to your office on Tuesday 20/10/15. You were in Germany the week before and working from home on Monday 19/10 ... if you can recollect. I phoned a number of times on Tuesday when you were physically in the office and you refused to take my calls as you were in a sales meeting with Nicci Mclean. I was promised you would return my call(s) but you never did. It has taken me sharing our shocking treatment on social media to finally get a response from you on behalf of Longfield. It is also a shame (and a costly one for us) that we have had extrusion lines closed for a week as a result of this sorry course of events. I look forward to your phone call on Wednesday 11th November and to hearing what you propose to 'correct the situation'.

And Andy McNight (Yoda) added his thoughts ...
Paul, I couldn't agree more with your comments. Having read the blog and Mr Stuart Forsyth's reply lets call it for how it is - bullshit. This makes me angry for so many reasons. The first is the arrogance of the man. He's back in the office on 11th November and he'll call you then? What is this 1986? Come on Mr Stuart Forsyth you "provide innovative solutions" for your clientys, how about using your mobile phone. You were quick enough to jump on it when Paul King started to use Social Media to get our attention but you cant call him until next week? Bullshit! That's pathetic! And therein lies another pile of crap, your lack of understanding of social media. You'd have garnered a great deal more respect Stuart if your response had been a personal message to Paul, resolve the issue and THEN post about how great your company is rather than use a complaint to try and defend what appears to be a whole heap of pretty basic performance errors on your behalf - personally and professionally. Sounds to me like your business couldn't manage its way out of a plastic bag....oh wait.... Just for the record, posting how great you are when a business has had to close down its production lines for a week makes you look like an idiot. I hope none of your other clearly far more important customers and partners don't see how little you care about Kingpak. They might start wondering if they'll be next..... Good luck with the resolution Paul, I think you're going to need it.

So, roll on Wednesday 11th November!
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
I'm gonna need a bigger bowl of popcorn!
This is a farging epic read, booker prize nomination me thinks.
Popcorn at the ready
All the gear, No idea.

[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Too many to remember
Uw I best also get a large bowl of popcorn at the ready Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Unbelievable response from him!
Im sure we used to supply them when i worked at ici and ineos. Shame im not there to fuck em around ,
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
'appears to be an error'......'appears to have fallen down'!!! Arrogant barsteward, that's almost like calling you a liar.....feckin 'appears' schmears!! Call you on 11th!!! This arsehole is just that. Hopefully it hasn't impacted too bad and you are able to go elsewhere for your supplies because he sounds like the sort of guy I wouldn't pi55 om if he was on fire..
Supplier of quality decals & logos in cut/full colour vinyl, personalised tea/coffee mugs, banners, digi photos on art canvas etc for the trackdayer/racer.
Cheers folks. I agree on all counts!

I met Stuart a few years ago when we first dealt with Longfield. He is exactly as I think you may have already pictured him. A smarmy, arrogant chap with a misguided superiority complex who makes promises or claims that often aren't true or he has no intention of seeing through. I can only imagine that he has either had money behind him to get in the position he has, or has been incredibly fortunate as I find it very unlikely he is there on merit.

Oh, and trust me when I say that him having to be involved in this - and specifically an apology as a result of his own behaviour - will have damaged his pride in a big way. He is used to just walking away and ignoring people with no consideration of his actions. I suspect he has been told to stop this / clean it up by somebody because this is not the way he acts out of choice.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Blog updated. Here is the latest entry ...

-----

Well, it’s Wednesday 11th November and I’ve been patiently waiting for the promised phone call from Stuart Forsyth of Longfield Chemicals.  

I have been very eager to find out how Stuart will (quoting his own words) … “ See what we can do to correct this situation … sorry for any problems caused and I will endeavour to put things right for you”.

I’ve spent the day wondering how Stuart will approach the phonecall –  afterall he gave himself a week to prepare for speaking to me so it has to be something very carefully considered. Maybe it will be an eloquent apology and a promise of honouring the order he took and confirmed in writing back in October. With a discount to offset our financial loss caused by a week without production thanks to Stuart. 

Maybe it will be ?  

… Hang on a minute ….

What time is it?

6.08pm.

… And no phone call from Stuart.

Oh, bugger. He’s not phoning is he. I’ve been scammed again by that sneaky rascal Stuart Forsyth haven’t I. How silly do I feel! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I do feel for Stuart though. I think it’s possibly all too much for him. I bet he has taken his crayons, a food parcel, and hidden behind his desk again. I do hope somebody checks before they switch the lights off and lock up.

I know – I’ll check LinkedIn to see if he has responded there as he did last time … NOPEBut Stuart has gone to the trouble of removing his response (detailed earlier in this Blog) and blocking me from seeing his profile. I am no longer ‘connected’ to Stuart either, so he has cast me aside!

Hmmm – I’ll check Longfields twitter account, as I sent them a link to the Blog through that … NOPE. But I am now blocked from following or viewing Longfield Chemicals account / tweets.

So, no promised phone call and Stuart has taken hiding to the next (Social Media) level. He’s so good at this his title should be changed from ‘Commercial Director’ to ‘Best Director of Hiding … EVER”.

If you deal with Longfield Chemicals or Stuart Forsyth on any level, then I hope this serves as a insight on what to expect if you have problems. From our experiences, Stuart will hide. Behind his staff. Behind his desk. Behind anything and anyone. Then Stuart will lie.

Stuart Forsyth of Longfield Chemicals of Runcorn lied to us in writing. Not once, but twice.

Stuarts actions (or lack of them) stopped our production lines running for one week. This could have been avoided had they simply answered or returned one of the many phone calls or emails we sent. But they chose to ignore us – and lie.

So, take a bow Stuart Forsyth / Longfield Chemicals of Runcorn. Despite our best efforts to allow you to “correct this situation” (Your own Directors words), you are without doubt the worst company we have dealt with in Twenty Two years.

-----